Chapter 9- I'm Not A Liar

I stormed into Niall's apartment and sank down on to one of the couches. The other three came in and sat down as well. Niall next to Zayn on the other couch and Liam next to me.

I can't believe this. My life is being torn apart by a guy I met an hour ago. I can't do it. I can't. I won't and I can't. I'm not a liar.

'Well this is shit' Niall muttered softly but loud enough that we could hear.

'You got that right' Liam said getting up.

'Anyone want a cup of tea?' he asked.

'Me' Zayn, Niall and I said at the same time.

I heard a knock at the front door.

'I'll get it' I said and I got up, walked over to the door and turned the handle.

On the other side of the door stood Blake. His hand was raised to knock again and there was a bruise growing under his left eye that hadn't been there before. I wonder what happened to him. Not that I really care.

'And what the fuck do you want?' I asked him, holding the door shut but open enough so that I could stick my head out.

'Didn't Niall tell you. I'm suppose to start to get to know you' Blake said, softly. I noticed that he didn't have an English accent at all. It kind of sounds American but not really but it's really odd.

I turned and glared at Niall who sank lower into the couch.

'Well that's nice but I don't want to get to know you or you to know me so goodbye' I said and I slammed the door in his face.

I stormed back to the couch and threw myself down upon it.

'Louis don't do that' Niall said and he got up and opened the front door.

I looked up and stared at Blake. He looked neither angry or mad which is what I expected him to be. No he just looks sad. Like he doesn't like this situation any more than we do. But how can that be the case. He's Mr Wendell's puppet. He does what Mr Wendell says and he doesn't even know us so how can he feel sad for us.

I think I'm over thinking this. He may just be sad because he has to miss some other thing that he wanted to go to and now he has to pretend to be interested in what we have to say. Yeah that's probably what it is.

'Hi Blake' Zayn said, trying to start a conversation.

I just glowered and slouched more into the couch.

'I'm sorry I came a bit early, I just came from Mr Wendell's office' Blake said.

'Of course you did' I muttered under my breath.

'Don't mind Louis, he's just a bit tired that's all' Niall said, patting me on the shoulder hard and I got the message. Be nice.

Liam came back into the room with 2 cups of tea in his hands.

'What is he doing here?' Liam asked sourly.

Yes someone else is on my side.

'I felt like I need to get to know you a little better. You know, before tonight's concert'.

'What! There's a concert tonight' I exclaimed.

'Yeah, didn't anyone tell you' Blake said innocently.

'No, no one did' Niall said.

Liam handed me one of the cups of tea, gave the other one he had been holding to Zayn then he ducked back into the kitchen to grab his cup and Niall's.

'Blake would you like one?' Liam asked as he gave Niall his cup.

'No thanks I'm right' Blake said staring down at his feet.

'So Blake....tell us about yourself.' Liam said as he sat down again beside me.

'What are you doing?' I hissed quietly into his ear.

'Trying to be friendly' Liam hissed back.

I frowned and turned my attention back to Blake.

'Well, um I'm 15 years old..' we all shared a look of surprise at that statement.

He's only 15. He is 5 years younger than me. I swear he must be older than that. There's no way. Why would Mr Wendell pick someone so young?

'I'm an only child and my father is a business man. I'm originally from New York but my parents moved to London when I was 10 so 5 years ago. I know my accents really weird. It's kind of a mix between an english accent and an american one'.

'So your not even English!' I said.

He shrugged. 'No, does it matter'.

I clenched my teeth and rolled my eyes. Of course it matters if he's gonna be trying to be Harry.

'I can't do this anymore' I said and I stood up.

'I can't pretend to be interested in what you have to say' and I stormed out of the room, ignoring Liam's protests.

I stormed into the spare bedroom and slammed the door shut with a bang. I sat on the edge of the bed and held my head in my hands.

Tears burned in the corners of my eyes and I let them fall, not caring if anyone saw me.

I heard the door open and someone came in. I didn't look up, having already guessed who it was. Why can't he just leave me alone. Why can't the whole world just fucking leave me alone. I don't want this anymore. I don't want to be me anymore. All I want to do is go home, back to my family and be normal for the first time in two years. But I know that won't happen.

'Liam just leave me alone' I muttered into my hands. I felt him sit down next to me and place a hand on my shoulder.

I shook it off ruffly. Liam got up and I heard his footsteps heading towards the door. I looked up and saw him standing by the door, hand on the door handle.

'Louis, Blake's gone, you can quit sulking now' he said and he walked out, slamming the door behind him.

I winced as I heard the door slam and hid my head in my hands again. Great now I had pissed off Liam. Fresh tears welled up in my eyes but this time I didn't let them fall.

Liam is right. I need to stop sulking. Stop hiding in here. Because it's time to do something.

Our management may control our careers but I'm my own person and I'm going to put an end to this.

I am not going pretend.