twenty

« she said i just want someone to, smoke with me babe
and lay with me babe
and laugh with me babe
i just want the simple things »

simple things by miguel

-

flora and tyler had just gotten back home from their trip. they were exhausted. jet lag was kicking their butts and they knew it. as soon as they walking in the door they went straight to bed, well, at least tyler did. flora was almost asleep when her phone rang.

"hello?"

"oh! my! god! flora, tell us all about your trip!" olivia and august said.

"oh my god. i'm really tired can we just talk in the morning?"

"yeah, but we just have one question."

"okay..."

"did he propose?!?"

"uh.. what do you mean?"

"we could've sworn he was going to. we thought that's why he took you to barcelona, to propose to you.."

"oh my god.. no, he didn't propose. we haven't even talked about that, like ever. is that bad?"

"no! it's only been a year... but i think you should at least talk about it. do you even wanna get married?"

"of course, but not this young? i've still got albums to put out and new auditions that are happening everyday. he's always filming and writing music. how would we keep up a marriage if we're never together?"

"woah woah, flo, don't stress about it. we just misunderstood. you two are way too young to get married right now. don't worry, you will have plenty of time to do everything you want and more."

"thanks. listen, i gotta go, but lets go to lunch tomorrow so i can tell you about our trip."

"sounds good! see you tomorrow flo. love you!"

"love you guys too!"

now that they put the thought of a proposal in flora's head, she couldn't shop thinking about it. she eventually shut her brain down and got some rest, but all she could dream about was a wedding disaster.

-

when flora woke up the next morning tyler was already gone. he left her a note saying he has to film all day. she sighed, but understood. her busy schedule starts back up again soon. that's when she remembered what olivia and august said.

she really did want to get married, but she didn't know if she wanted to get married now. i mean, she's only 23 and tyler's only 25. her stressful thoughts got cut off by her phone ringing on the bedside table.

"hey, are you ready?"

"shit! uh, no, but y'all can come over and help me get ready." she said with a hint of sarcasm.

"i swear to god flora you're always in that damn bed. we'll be there in five. but at least have on some clothes please." olivia begged. flora just laughed and hung up the phone.