Epilogue

Morning, Ruby POV

I started to wake up in a familiar bed. As I got up, I saw my dad sleeping in a chair near me. I made some noise that awoke my dad.

Tai: Ruby! You're awake!

Ruby: What happened?

Tai: *Sighs* Your Uncle Qrow found you, unconscious. He got you outta there though; he got you home safe.

Ruby: Wait! Yang! Is she alright? Is -Y/N okay?

Tai: Uh... She's uh... She's gonna be alright. I think she's just... I think it's gonna take some time for her to get used to things. And for -Y/N... Well, you can say he's alright... As a matter of speaking.. He.. He is different now. I would not say completely, but most of his.. Most of his body and soul are not in a good place for him. I've seen him look at you girls and he gets an eerie feeling and leaves you both be. But I would say he's just in pain right now... So maybe you being okay and awake could help him deal..- Whatever he's dealing with.. *sniffles* I'm just glad to have my girls back at home.

Ruby: What happened to the school?! And Vale! Were they able to clear out the Grimm?

Tai: Things at Vale are under control. But the school? It's... It's not that simple. That thing, whatever it is... Doesn't seem to be dead. Don't get me wrong, you did a number on it including -Y/N's efforts before what you did messed it up. But... It's not disappearing. It's... Kind of... Frozen. I know that doesn't sound too bad but it keeps attracting more Grimm to the school.

Ruby: I did what?

Tai: Hmm?

Ruby: You said I did a number on it. What do you mean?

Tai: I... Look, that's not important right now, we can talk about it later. Things are just... Kind of a mess.

Qrow: It's always a mess. Y/N also makes things even more complicated.

We turn our heads to see Qrow drinking his flask.

Qrow: Mind if we have a minute?

Tai: What, I can't stay here?

Qrow: Tai. Please.

Dad gets up and gives me a kiss on the head.

Tai: I'm glad you're alright. I'll go make us some tea.

Dad walks out and Qrow pulls up a chair and sits near me.

Qrow: So... How are you feeling?

Ruby: Um... I kind of hurt... All over.

Qrow: That makes sense, after what you two did.

Ruby: You guys keep saying that! That me and -Y/N did something. What are you talking about?

Qrow: What's the last thing you remember?

Ruby: I ran up the side of the tower. And when I got to the top, I- *gasps* Pyrrha! Is she...?

Qrow gives me a saddening look to tell me that my darkest of nightmares is true. I start to swell up in sadness and tears. Then he confirms it...

Qrow: *solemnly* She's gone.

Ruby: I-I... I... I got to the top and I saw Pyrrha... -Y/N.... And Cinder. And then everything went white.

Qrow: Anything else?

Ruby: I remember... My head hurting.

Qrow: The night you met Ozpin, what was the first thing he said to you?

Ruby: I don't know... I think it was something about-

Qrow: Silver eyes. That's an extremely rare trait.