Chapter 12: Fangirling

I stood there and stared at Harry, lips pursed, contemplating what to say.

"Uh, Candice?" Weldon then said. "Get in the car please."

Harry and I looked to Weldon in the driver's seat and followed his gaze towards the school. I turned around to see a group of girls gathering near the entrance gates. They started to point, their eyes lit up, and then they charged.

"NOW!" Weldon yelled. How did they know!?

I grabbed the car door handle and forcefully threw myself in, basically on top of Harry. The car took off and the door slammed shut behind me.

"They can't leave him alone for one second," Weldon muttered under his breath as he sped down the street.

"Well I'm glad I now know how you really feel about me." Harry smiled up at me as our bodies moulded together.

"Ugh!" I pulled a disgusted face before pushing myself off him.

"Why are you even here?" I asked Harry grumpily, evil eying Weldon in the rearvision mirror too. They were attracting the attention that I really didn't need right now.

Harry sat up and passed me an envelope.

"What's this?" I raised a cautious eyebrow and slowly took it.

"Open it."

I carelessly ripped the seal and pulled out a photo. It was from the charity surf yesterday. It was of Harry and I both surfing that last wave into shore. I was leaning over in fits of laughter while Harry had one leg in the air - obviously taken just before he stacked it. I laughed out loud.

"Brilliant photo, huh?" Harry smiled. "This one raised the most money."

"You're joking?" I was genuinely shocked.

"I'm serious."

"Nice surfing, Candice!" Weldon chimed. I gave him a smile this time. Weldon probably had no choice in the matter of driving Harry where he wanted to go, so I felt a little guilty.

"Hold on." Harry touched my hand as I started to put the photo back in the envelope. "There's something else too."

His touch was so gentle, it startled me for a moment before I opened the envelope completely. I pulled out three laminated cards.

"VIP passes?"

"To our concert on Friday." He smiled.

"But, how..."

"Paul told me about your sister coming to the concert and how she's a huge fan." He sighed. "And since she's not old enough, I guess you'll just have to come backstage on Friday too."

I glared at him.

"And that's exactly the reaction I was expecting." He smiled huge and shook out his hair before palming it to one side.

"You should get a hair cut." I criticized.

"You should learn to say thank you." He slouched back onto the leather car seat and eyed me with caution. He was definitely testing me to see how far he could go before I lost it, and I wasn't going to let him.

"Thanks!" I smiled sarcastically. "I really can't wait."

"That's better!" He chimed with encouragement. "So why do you dislike us so much anyway?" He asked, leaning forward with his arms on his knees looking overly interested.

I cocked an eyebrow.

"We're here!" Weldon cut in.

I immediately opened the door and slid out onto my driveway, slamming the door in Harry's face.