Chapter 4: Black out

I backed away from the now huge crowd that surrounded Harry, and stood next to Tia.

“Holy crap, I can’t believe it’s actually Harry Styles, in the flesh!” Tia gushed, still staring wide-eyed at Harry, who was now signing autographs and getting pictures with fans. Ugh, Directioners.

“Can we go now,” I stated rather than asked. I went to turn and head down the path, when Tia grabbed my arm.

“Candice, hold up!” She said as she tugged on my arm. “Can’t I at least get one photo with him?”

I was about to roll my eyes and continue walking, but after what happened with Bradley, I felt so bad for her. I sighed heavily.

“Okay, whatever,” I gave in. I looked back to the growing crowd of girls that Tia had joined, but only met one pair of eyes.

He was looking at me curiously, probably wondering why I wasn’t gushing all over him like the rest of the female population. It wasn’t necessarily the actual boys that I didn’t like, it was the crowd of girls and their over exaggerated screams that really got to me.

Just as I was deciding whether or not to ditch Tia, a black Range Rover screeched to a stop on my left. Two men in black suits jumped out and started to part through the crowd to surround Harry. He really needed two babysitters that looked like they’d escaped from a Men In Black film set? I just shook my head in disbelief and turned to leave. As much as I loved Tia, the torture of watching this nonsense was far greater than her fear of being alone. Why couldn’t people just leave celebrities alone? Well they wouldn’t be a celebrity then would they?

“Candice, wait for me!” Tia called out as she caught up to me. The screams had almost faded as we turned the corner, heading for the bus stop. “I can’t believe we just met Harry Styles!”

She looked sideways at me with a disbelieving look. I pressed my lips together, forcing a fake smile.

“Sorry, I know you hate them.” She smiled apologetically. “I can’t believe you didn’t recognize him though! And you were holding his hand!”

“No I wasn’t! He was holding mine!” I said defensively.

She looked at me disbelievingly, and I even caught a trace of envy.

“And, if I had known it was him, I wouldn’t have let him, trust me.” I chuckled to myself thinking of what I would've said if I’d known. Oh, it would have been bad. “But he did sort of cover for me when we left the hotel. We literally waltzed through the lobby like royalty – and now I know why.” I shook my head at the thought.

“Oh my God.” Tia stopped dead in her tracks, as did I. What was up now? “You’ve still got his jacket!”

I looked down and realised that she was right. “Whoops.” I shrugged and we continued walking, chuckling to ourselves.

"Oh my God!" Tia stopped again. "I bet if we sold it on Ebay, we'd get a million dollars!"

I stopped then too and raised a doubtful eyebrow. "What kind of Directioner would have a million dollars?"

She pursed her lips as she thought. "True."

Tia then caught up and we continued down the street.

“He does look different in person though,” Tia mused before smiling, while I rolled my eyes. She'd never stop talking about this. “Much better looking, and he seems a lot older now too!”

“It’s been how many hours since Bradley broke up with you? And you’re already gushing about another guy?” Tia’s face fell then.

“Crap, sorry I didn’t mean to bring it up.”