Chapter 11: Tornado Tuesday

I walked to school with Lillian the next day, basically dragging my feet along the pavement. It was going to be the longest day of my life.

"So when will I meet my Gods?" Lillian asked desperately, despite the fact that I could tell she was trying to hold back most of her inner fangirl... fail.

"Lil, I said maybe." I rolled my eyes as we came to a crossing. "It's not as easy as you might think. They're really busy."

"I know..." Lillian's head dropped as we crossed the road in front of the school. "But at least I'll see them at their concert on Friday!" And her crazy Directioner smile was plastered right back on her face, before skipping through the school gates.

The concert! Crap! I'd forgotten about that!

There was no chance that this week could get any worse, surely. I shook my head before following Lillian into school.

"Candice! Oh my God!"

Let the onslaught begin.

"Hi Sara." I smiled fakely.

For some reason, on Sara's first day of school last year, she decided to basically chain herself to me. I had barely spoken a word to her and there she was, somehow always by my side and following my friends and I around. Perhaps I shouldn't have asked her if she had any pets when I met her. But she had cats plastered all over her bag and books; it led to an hour long rant about her cat Muffles during Biology.

"You went surfing with One Direction yesterday!" It wasn't a question.

"Uh, yes." I shrugged.

Her face fell. What was she expecting? A high pitched girly scream of Directioner fangirl madness?

"Candice!" Of course, my best friend was there to save me. I hugged Tia tight. "You alright?"

This is why Tia was my best friend. She cared about me before fangirling, and knew what this torturous school day was planning for me.

"Yeah I'm alright," I said quietly, stepping back. "Let's just get to class before anyone sees me."

The morning passed by quickly and I managed to cope with the stares and questions that everyone was throwing at me. Even my teachers were curious as to how I became a part of the Rainbow Children's Trust charity. Lunchtime was the worst. Tia and I bailed to the outdoor benches but somehow managed to have random girls come and sit with us.

There were the typical Directioner girls that I knew were obsessed and had decided that being friendly could benefit them more than hating me. They were just after information so they could tweet it and get more attention.

Then there were the girls that I'd never even heard speak before - basically secretive Directioners that were either so obsessed that they were hermits and never left their One Direction infested bedrooms, or they were too embarressed to admit it and never spoke to anyone otherwise their secret would be revealed as they couldn't help but use the word direction in every sentence. So they didn't surprise me with their excited eyes and non-stop stream of questions.

By the end of it, I was exhausted. Even Tia looked a little weary.

"Well aren't you just the most popular girl in school now." Tia chuckled.

"Ugh, kill me now." I sighed as the bell rang.

"Well, I won't see you after school. I have this tutoring thing with Mr Arthur." She rolled her eyes.

"I thought you liked him?" I asked as we stood up.

"Oh, I do..." She smiled weirdly. "It's the tutoring part that sucks."