• S E V E N T E E N •

Ashton couldn't believe for a moment that Natalia was clung to his body asking him to never let her go. She was crying on his chest asking him to take care of her. She was like a five year old asking her father to never let her go. At that moment he didn't knew what to do?? He was never good at consoling. Her condition was breaking his walls. He was heartless and ruthless for world devoid of any emotion but the women's condition in front of him has brought him close to his own breakdown.

His friends were standing behind him with sad smiles on their faces. They didn't knew what to feel, be happy for Ashton that Natalia is getting close to him or be sad for the poor lady who's life has been nothing but on a down hill. Her heart was tainted since childhood and Nicholas death added fuel.

Ashton for a split second thought of shedding his own unshed and unseen tears but then her condition was no good to handle his breakdown. He can't, not right now, not this moment. Right now, at this moment she needs him. Maybe some other day.

Ashton wrapped his arms around her waist and hugged her tightly. For Natalia it didn't mattered what Ashton did in past or the fact that she hated him but at this time she was in need of protection. Her misery had taken her senses away from her she needed support and the only person who can support her, who understood her pain is one and only Ashton.

The person who loved Nicholas as much as she did was Ashton David Cross.

Ashton didn't knew her arms will fit this perfectly around her waist. Her petite frame perfectly fitted with his torso. As if she was just made for him. And it wasn't the truth. She never loved him nor will ever she do she had made that crystal clear from the start.

But

There was a fifty fifty chances of she living a Happily ever after with him. The way he dreamed off. He knew all her dreams and wishes and today listening to her sobs, her cries, her wails he promised himself he will try his best to fit in the shoes of Nicholas.

Their friends watched them afar shedding their own tears. Allen silently prayed to god to fulfill all his best friend's wishes and ease Natalia's pain. Austin just smiled while tears did roll down his eyes, he wanted to feel happy for his friend, he was finally able to gain her trust while he wanted to pity Natalia she hadn't been over her former lover's death. She was still mourning over Nicholas death even they were mourning over his death.

Aaron was the only guy who wasn't crying. He never believed in love he just thought they only existed in fairytales and novels, reality was full of agony and soreness. After watching his mother falling in and out of love he never believed love actually exist but then Nicholas and Ashton's loved happen for the same girl.

Ashton wasn't at fault everyone knew but even Nicholas was helpless. Their love triangle did actually made him believe for some people love actually existed. But for Ashton love was a nightmare. He felt his heart flutter for his best friend he wish Ashton get his love cause he deserved happiness.

***

March walked too and fro in the kitchen in anger, from past two days she was trying to think of a perfect plan for their engagement ceremony but then all her hopes were crushed to the surface when Ashton dropped the bomb that everything is already planned. He has planned the engagement and the wedding with Aaron's help. March accused her brother for being a traitor and threw pillows on him.

Austin entered the kitchen and saw her pacing too and fro muttering thousands cursing to both his best friends. He laughed at her action which cause her to look at him in anger as well. He looked at her face and understood right now he needs to be calm to calm her.

"Baby listen..." he coaxed but she held up her palm to him indication she isn't going to listen to him.

"don't baby me Austin!!" she exclaimed

He took long strides and stood by her side wrapping an arm around her shoulder pulling her close to his chest. She rested her head on his broad chest and listen to his rhythmic heartbeats

"I was so ecstatic to plan Ash's wedding" she said with a heavy heart

Austin rubbed her arm and kissed the top of her head. "I know!! But Ashton always has a reason to do something.. Fulfill all your dreams in Aaron's wedding... Don't be angry with Ash you know he has a sensitive spot for a sister.."

"Even I'm his sister so don't I have the right to plan my brother's wedding.." she reasoned, Austin sighed. He turned her by her shoulders and made her face him

"You have but this isn't a happy wedding, it's just a compromise for now... Understand March" he said one of the harsh reality of the marriage and it broke March's heart.

March nodded her head and hugged Austin. She can't see her brother tearing bit by bit. He is already torn and broken inside and Natalia is doing nothing but breaking the already broken man. March was afraid in this saving Natalia process Ashton may lose himself as well and his sanity. No person in this world is saint, everyone has desires, needs and wants and how much is a person going to stop himself from committing those things and in Ashton's marriage all three were a sin. 

How will his heart bear??

"I think you guyss should stay apart" Allen walked inside the kitchen with an annoyed face on which Austin rolled his eyes

"You always the good boy..." Austin magnified with an eye roll in return he got a smack from March on his arm. She left the kitchen leaving the two buddies in an intimidating silence

"Allen why always encroach??" he stated in irritation "...can't you mind your own business"

"Well!! I'm not like you screwing up best friend's sister" Allen said in displeasurable tone which Austin didn't like

"Dude it's our matter.." Austin said in exasperation

"I'm warning you Austin, Aaron wouldn't like this even a bit.." Allen said the last sentence and stormed out of the kitchen

***

"Ashton..." Natalia whispered his name while his heart was losing it's pace

"Natalia I understand we won't get married..." he said with a painful heart and heavy lump in his throat

"I know your doing this for me and I trust you.."

Finally she said it, the last three words were like cold water to his burning heart. He was gaining it little by little, he was entering her divine. He was fifty percent sure he would make a place in her heart for him.

"I will marry you but on one condition.."

"I'll do anything Natalia.." he said in a rush "..... I promise to never ever touch you, I promise to never ever force you for anything. I'll make sure all your dreams come true, I'll make sure every single wish of yours is my command. I will try and fit in the shoes of a perfect man you dream to have in your life..."

"Promise me you won't ever leave me..." Natalia whimpered while Ashton felt his heart danced with happiness "....Nicholas wrote in the letter you are the only man I can trust fully... Please don't leave me.." she again cried on fear of being alone, fear of getting back in that scandalous life.

"I promise to be with you forever, even if it means fighting with world or with fate... I will be with you till my last breath" He promised

And Ashton David Cross is a man of words..

A/N: Hello Lovies!!! I'm terribly late and I'm sorry for that, I have been not keeping well lately. I wanted to extended this chapter more but then you all were waiting but I promise next part will be longer than any other part with Ashton's engagement and wedding preparations.. Please suggest good songs for the wedding... And thank you for your patience and reading the book..