• T H I R T E E N •

Ashton took Natalia to a tour of his penthouse. She liked each and every thing of the house afterall it was the same of her dream house. She had once told Nicholas about her dream of their house, like how she wanted their house to be and today Ashton turned her dream, into a reality.

Nicholas used to share everything with Ashton and he did share all Natalia's dreams to Ashton and vowed to fulfill all of them but luck wasn't on his side and he left the world forever but now Ashton vowed to fulfill each and every dream of Natalia and he started with her dream house.

"Nicholas told you about all this, didn't he?" Natalia asked her eyes teary and lips curved in a smile, a crooked smile

"Yes.. We were brothers. We used to share everything with each other.." Ashton told while his voice held sadness

"Thank you.." she said while a tear slipped her eyes. She tried a lot to stop the tears but they didn't stop and again she cried for her dead lover.

Ashton rubbed her arm and tried to soothe her but it wasn't working and her cries went louder and louder. He brought her to his chest and rubbed her back letting her know he was there for her when she needed him the most and will always be there whenever she needed him.

"I try a lot to stop these tears but they never stop.. They are uncontrollable.." she cried on his chest and hugged him back for support. She was thankful Ashton was there to held her or else she would had collapsed

"never stop your tears Natalia..." he whispered in her ear and kissed her hair "...tears are the most trusted people of our life. We need to fake a smile but never fake our tears. They be with us in all walks of life, they come in sadness, happiness, in grief everywhere without we even trying. We are not alone, we trust them the most and they have seen our most vulnerable side. So let them slip Natalia.." he explained lovingly but he couldn't himself led his own tears come out.

"Ashton why is life so cruel.." Natalia said crying bitterly

"Natalia.. My grandma says everything happens for a reason that we don't know now but in future it's for our better.. I don't know what is the reason behind Nicholas death but I'm sure there might be something else store for the future.." he said trying hard not to cry looking at her breakdown. He needs to be strong, strong for her, for his friends and for Nicholas family as well

"come seat I need to tell you something..." he broke the hug and lead her to the couch. He hicupped twice and calmed herself down

"let's get married Natalia.." he whispered and she felt earth slip away from her feet. She looked at him in utter shock and with an unbelievable look on her face

"I have reasons..." he added and her eyes went questioning from shock.

How can she marry her former lover's best friend?? How can even Ashton ask such kind of thing after knowing everything?? Was he that selfish?? All the questions roamed in Natalia's head and the answers were yet not given.

"Ashton I can't..." she whispered gathering her voice that's lost in her throat

"I know it's difficult for you but Natalia I need to tell media about you, tell my family. They will think low about you, they'll think your just another fling but I need to protect you till my last breath and I don't have any other option left..." he tried to convince her. He has no other option left. He needs to protect her from her family, from media and from this cruel world.

She was his responsibility given by Nicholas... And more over she was his love..

"there's no other way left Ashton.." she asked pleadingly but he nodded in a no and her heart broke down. She felt like she is cheating on Nicholas. She is cheating on their love.