Chapter 6 Just Bros, right?

*Marshall Lee POV*

I floated down, feeling the grass brush against my ankles.

"Fi, open your eyes."

She opened her eyes, which were still a tad red from all the crying, and gasped at the sight before us.

In front of us was a stage, not just any stage, but the stage where I first realized how beautiful Fi's voice ever was. The night that she punched my cheek meat because I pretended to be dying just to get her to admit her feelings on me. Now that I think about it... That was one of the dumbest ways I tried to show her I liked her.

It stood the same as it had been when she was just barely a teenager. LSP still sometimes uses it when he's throwing a party and asks me to perform, but the wood hadn't even decayed a little.

The trees still blew in the breeze gently. The lamps hanging in the branches and over the stage weren't lit, so the only light that didn't leave us in total darkness was the shimmering light from the moon.

That sense of déjà vu vaguely entered my mind as I watched Fionna walk up onto the stage. I could almost picture the crowd roaring in cheers the same way they were that perfect night as we stood on the stage.

"It's where we sang our first duet," she said in awe. "It hasn't changed a bit in all these years."

"I know, huh?" I floated to her side and brought my feet to the ground. "It's weird, but I prefer it this way. It reminds me that although time had passed, not everything changes."

She turned her beautiful blue eyes to me, stunning me as the moon shown onto them making it seem like diamonds sparkled into her eyes. "That was deep."

I smirked and bowed slightly sarcastically. "Fionna, the Heroine of Aaa, would you care to dance with me?"

"Why sure. I'd love to," she giggled. "But there's no song."

"Don't worry. I can handle that."

I pulled her towards me, wrapping my arms around her waist once again. I felt the warmth spread throughout my body. Her small arms wrapped around my neck and we swayed on the stage in our own little world.

"Good little girl~

Always picking a fight with me

You know that I'm bad~

But you're spending the night with me,

What do you want from my world,

You're a good little girl~"

She giggled and joined in, shocking me with how much better her voice had gotten since then.

"Bad little boy~

That's what you're acting like

But I really don't buy

That you're that kind of guy

But if you were...

Why do you want to hang out with me~"

I stopped singing and just hummed, continuing to sway side to side with the beautiful girl in front of me.

"Fi, what would you say if I said I liked you?" I questioned, expressing some seriousness.

She pulled back a bit, pulling her hands away from my neck to stare into my eyes. She smiled and I hoped it was a good sign.

"I'd say stop playing around, Marshall."

"Ouch, Fio. Y'know I could be serious," I said, pulling her back into an embrace, hugging her closely and digging my face into the crook of her neck.