Chapter 1- The Choice

*Fionna's POV 17 yrs old*

"Caakkke!" I screamed from our bedroom as I adjusted my hat. "You sure you don't want to come to Marshall's house with me? Ya know a jam session isn't the same without my sis?"

"Nu-uh, baby cakes! You can't guilt me into coming this time. I still haven't forgot that prank Marshall did last time," she said. I bit back my giggle. "Besides, I'm gonna go on a date with my man today."

"Oh yeah," I said and hurriedly climbed downstairs to see Cake packing some sorta picnic for her and Lord Mono. She dug in the fridge and passed me a bag of strawberries for the Vampire king. "Thanks, sis."

"Anytime, Bunny boo. Now go out and have some fun, but not too much fun, ya hear?" She gave me a wink which caused me to blush.

"Cakkkeee," I began. "Y'know Marshall and I are just bros. Besides, you know I'm still dating FP."

"Mhm," she said wish a swish of her tail. "If you keep waitin', you're gonna be late."

"Aw, globbit! Cake, can you-"

"Give you a ride? 'Course, what kinda best friend would I be to say no?"

She grabbed the picnic basket in one paw and made it outside with me. She stretched into a bigger form, allowing me to jump onto her back, and before I knew it, we were on our way.

_____

"Thanks, Cake. I'll see you at home." I waved her off and ran to the door of the Vampire king's home.

I heard him already strumming on his guitar without me. He was probably writing a new song.

"When you need me,

I'll be there.

Forget what they say,

I'll help with what you can't bare.

You don't have to be alone

Anymore ~

Keep you in my arms,

Lay your head on my heart.

Hold you so tight that

It'll be impossible to part-"

The song was beautiful. I wonder who he wrote it for. I know this is something that's a no brainer, but Marshall Lee has the most mesmerizing voice I've ever heard. This girl must be that special to have captured the tough vampire's heart.

I banged my fist on the door, letting myself become known to Marshall that I was here. He opened his door with his infamous smirk plastered onto his face. "Hey, Fi. Ya know you're late, right?"

He lazily floated back inside. I rolled my eyes. "Not everyone can have awesome powers like someone I know," I said with a roll of my eyes.

"'Cos I'm special, right, Fi?" He asked with mock care.

"Whatever helps you sleep during the day, Dude." I punched his arm playfully.

"Ow, Fionna. That hurt." He rubbed his arm and faked-sob.

"I see your acting has gotten better," I joked.

He floated closer to me and sighed dramatically. "A sexy guy fakes a death once to get the gal to admit her feelings and the next thing he knows, he can't live it down. I said I was sorry already and I believe getting the fudge beaten outta me should've been enough."

"The boy shouldn't have been playing around like that. He's lucky the girl didn't kill him."

"It's 'cos she realized that she loved him too much to hurt his handsome face anymore?" He asked while waggling his eyebrows and getting really close to me. His messy onyx hair was hanging over his eyes, but I still saw his smirk. I couldn't keep my face from overheating. "You know you look cute when you blush."