The Beginning

*Marshall Lee's POV*

I strummed the chords of my guitar, humming a tune I hoped would match the beat and floating over my bed.

"I'm staring up at the ceiling,

Wondering about my feelings

And-"

My ears twitched to the sound of a scream erupting from outside and I hissed. I put the axe by my bed side, impatiently floating to my window and stared out to the surroundings of the Night'O'Sphere. The lava oozed into the red skies, tinging the air with its rancid odor. The cloud that belonged to my own mother was hovering around, bringing despair to the whole population, but that still wasn't what caused the distraction.

I spied a group of demons crowding around a demon lying on the floor, repeatedly kicking him over and over again. Everytime they delivered a kick, the creature would shriek out in protest, hoping someone would come in rescue.

"Hey!" I yelled. The demons froze in their assault, turning to stare at me with fear the same time time their victim looked at me with hopeful eyes."Keep the lump down or I'm gonna beat your buns!"

I closed the windows behind me and floated back to my bed, straining to think of lyrics to-

"Marshall!" My mom burst through the door, causing me to hiss and groan in response, "Mom! Can't you knock?!"

Hunsona Abadeer, my mother, was the worst demon you would ever meet in the history of Aaa. Don't let her business suit fool you, the only business she bothered caring about was causing trouble for her whole kingdom... Or anyone else who bothered to cross her way.

She ignored me. "Why are you trying to ruin my fun?"

"Your fun is ruining my jam session!" I screamed in frustration.

She rolled her eyes and went up to my side, studying my axe guitar with those cat-like eyes and holding it in her hand as though it was some revulsive thing. "This is what you're stuck in your room doing? Making the family axe into some sorta lute?"

"It's a guitar," I hissed.

"Is that what they call this? Oh well." She shrugged, tossing it over her shoulder.

I yelped, lunging to catch it before shooting her a glare that didn't phase her one bit. "If there's something else you need, just say it now so I can get back to what I was doing."

She crossed her arms. "When are you going to give up this silly dream and rule the Night'O'Sphere?"

"Never." I rolled my eyes, placing my guitar carefully on my bed. "I wish you would just give that up already. You're going ba-nay-nays with this bunk. I don't want to and I never will. So if you don't mind..."

"Marshall Lee Abadeer, you're a thousand years old, you should act your own age."

"Says the one who hadn't said sorry for eating my fries," I mumbled.

"I don't need to. Good grief, just get over it, Marshall. If it makes you feel any better, they were cold." She narrowed her eyes. "What does this have to do with acting your age? You're the Vampire King."

"Exactly! So I do as I want because I am the King!"

"You're a King that still lives in his mother's castle. You left me no choice, Marshall. My house, my rules and if you don't like it, then leave!" She crossed her arms and gave me a smug expression.

"Fine, then I'll leave," I said. She blinked a few times, probably shocked out of her globbing mind. I smirked in victory until she responded in a way that surprised me, "Then go!"