Cold Blood

So after three hours of describing the roles of the President of the United States, I'm finally uploading this. And then study for a psychology quarter final. Joy. My current comfort is that I just need a 74 or better to keep a good grade for the first quarter. Here's hoping I get it!

Anyway, the Silurians make a few wrong moves, the Apocalypse gets quite pissed, and it's not just at the Silurians, either . . . yeah, basically the Apocalypse and the Silurians. And I swear that gif perfectly describes what the Apocalypse thinks of them at various points.

Enjoy "Cold Blood!"

+++

"This is the story of our planet, Earth. Of the day a thousand years past when we came to share it with a race known as Humanity. It is the story of the Apocalypse, who helped our races find common ground, and the terrible losses she suffered. It is the story of our past, and must never be forgotten."

+++

"Right, you two, find Mo and Jenny," the Apocalypse pointed to Rose and Amy. "And whatever you do, don't split up." Rose nodded and tugged Amy off, the ginger going without complaint. "You and me," she pointed at Nasreen. "Let's go."

"So what do we do, then?" Nasreen asked as they walked on.

"Well, Rose and Amy are looking for them in one direction, so we'll look in another," the Apocalypse answered, humming as she looked around. "This place is enormous and deserted. The majority of the race are probably still asleep. Anyway . . . " She pulled out her sonic screwdriver. "Looking for heat signature anomalies."

"But, Apocalypse, how can all this be here? I mean, these plants."

"Must be getting closer to the center of the city."

"You're sure this is the best way to enter?"

"Front door approach," she nodded. "Definitely. Always the best way."

When the Apocalypse took another step, alarms started wailing, and she winced when a computer voice announced, "Hostile lifeforms detected, Area 17."

"Apart from the backdoor approach," she smiled nervously at Nasreen. "That's also good. Sometimes better."

"Hostile lifeforms detected, Area 17."

"Apocalypse," Nasreen said nervously.

"Hostile lifeforms detected, Area 17."

The Apocalypse quickly put up her hands when she saw Silurian warriors approach from all sides. "We're not hostile! We're not armed! We're here in peace!"

The Silurians just gassed them with their weapons, and both women collapsed to the ground.

***

"So, how exactly are we supposed to find a human and a Time Lady when we don't have the Apocalypse's sonic?" Amy asked Rose quietly as they made their way through the tunnels, occasionally ducking aside to avoid running into a stray Silurian.

"You'd be surprised by what I've managed to find before she does," Rose giggled quietly.

They were walking down another hallway when they heard a computer voice behind one door. "Area 17 incursion. Species diagnostic requested. Area 17 incursion. Species diagnostic requested."

Rose sighed. "And then there's the fact that she often gets herself captured before I do."

Amy quickly pulled Rose to hide as a set of doors opened, and a Silurian in what appeared to be a doctor's coat left. Rose caught a quick glimpse of what was inside, then scurried to keep the doors open as quietly as she could. When the Silurian was gone, she poked her head around, giving a wide tongue in teeth grin at the stunned man strapped to what appeared to be an examination board. "Hi!"