Flesh and Stone

Huzzah for extended homeroom! And while I was writing this, I remembered I have a quiz tomorrow in Environmental Science.

Oh, well. XD

So, since you all love your comment trains *glares* I have decided you all can make them on "Amy's Choice." No offense meant, but I do not have the time or the patience to sort through a chain 180 something comments long and pick mine out from everyone else's. "Amy's Choice" is when the answer will be revealed, so no comments there will count towards anything. Have at it then.

The forest is full of Angels, and a not-so-friendly object returns. Who lives and who dies this time around? And what is Octavian's warning to the Apocalypse?

Enjoy "Flesh and Stone!"

***

"Up! Look up!"

As Amy struggled to get to her feet, River came over to help her. "Are you OK?"

"What happened?" Amy winced.

"We jumped."

"Jumped where?"

"Up, up!" the Apocalypse herded the Clerics to their feet. "Look up!"

"Where are we?" Amy looked around.

"Exactly where we were," River answered.

"No, we're not!"

"Move your feet," the Apocalypse ordered Amy, who moved so the Apocalypse could get to the circular hatch in the floor.

"Apocalypse, what am I looking at?" Amy looked around, seeing Jenny helping Rose over. "Explain."

"Oh, come on, Amy, think," the Apocalypse rolled her eyes. "The ship crashed with the power still on, yeah? So what else is still on? The artificial gravity. One good jump, and up we fell. Shot out the grav globe to give us an updraft, and here we are."

"Apocalypse, the statues," Octavian said. "They look more like Angels now."

"They're feeding on the radiation from the wreckage, draining all the power from the ship, restoring themselves," the Apocalypse said as she got the hatch open. "Within an hour, they'll be an army." One of the lights exploded, going out. "They're taking out the lights. Look at them. Look at the Angels. Into the ship, now. Quickly, all of you."

"How?" Amy turned to look, only to see the Apocalypse drop in and appear to stand sideways. "Apocalypse!"

"It's just a corridor," she promised. "The gravity orientates to the floor. Now, in here, all of you. Don't take your eyes off the Angels. Move, move, move!"

Rose scrambled in after her, followed by Jenny. "OK, men," Octavian said as Amy and River followed. "Go, go, go!"

"Can the Angels jump, too?" Rose asked as the Apocalypse worked on a control panel.

The Apocalypse looked up as the hatch closed. "They're here, now. In the dark, we're finished." A bulkhead up above started closing with a screech. "Run!"

"We won't make it!" Jenny shouted, but Rose ran anyway.

"Yes, you will! Go, go, go!"

The Apocalypse took the rear as everyone sprinted for the closing bulkhead. It was halfway shut before they were even close -

And then a golden silver portal sprang to life in front of Rose. Amy shrieked, but Rose jumped through, followed closely by Jenny. On the other side, they hurried Amy and River through, the Apocalypse almost having to push Octavian and his Clerics in before she herself hopped inside. "What was that?" Amy demanded.