The Beast Below

Since you lot are already over a third of the way to 300 comments (117, to be exact) and you'll all get there probably by the end of the Angels arc, I'm upping the ante. Get to 400, please? :)

Amy's first trip in the TARDIS, and the Apocalypse reacts the same way and not the same way as the Doctor did in the end.

Enjoy "The Beast Below!"

***

"My name is Amy Pond. When I was seven, I had three imaginary friends. Last night was the night before my wedding, and my imaginary friends came back."

"Come on, Pond!" the Apocalypse yanked Amy inside the TARDIS. Amy, who had been floating in space by her ankle, gasped as she clung to the Apocalypse's shoulders. "Now do you believe me?" the Time Lady laughed.

"OK, your box is a spaceship," Amy nodded. "It's really, really a spaceship. We are in space! What are we breathing?"

"The TARDIS has extended the air shell," Rose told her, looking out. "We're fine."

"Now that's interesting," the Apocalypse looked down at the floating city. "Twenty-ninth century. Solar flares roast the Earth, and the entire human race packs its bags and moves out till the weather improves." She turned and ran to the console, the doors closing behind her. "Whole nations migrating to the stars!"

"Caly?" Rose's muffled voice called, along with a thumping.

"Isn't that amazing?" the Apocalypse continued, totally not paying attention.

"Mum?" Jenny giggled. "You left them outside."

"I did?" the Apocalypse blinked, then ran back. She opened the doors and pulled Rose and Amy back inside. "Well, come on! I've found us a spaceship! This is the United Kingdom of Britain and Northern Ireland. All of it, bolted together and floating in the sky. Starship UK. It's Britain, but metal. That's not just a ship, that's an idea. That's a whole country, living and laughing and shopping, searching the stars for a new home."

"Can we go out and see?" Amy asked in excitement.

"'Course we can," the Apocalypse nodded. "But first, here's a thing."

"A thing?"

"An important thing. In fact, Thing One. We are observers only. That's the one rule I've always stuck to in all my travels - hush," she ordered, putting one hand over Rose's mouth when she tried to say something. "I never get involved in the affairs of other peoples or planets. Shush," she added, putting her other hand over Jenny's mouth before she frowned, seeing something on the scanner. "Ooo . . . that's interesting."

"So we're like a wildlife documentary, yeah?" Amy asked as the Apocalypse headed for the doors. "Because if they see a wounded little cub or something, they can't just save it, they've got to keep filming and let it die. It's got to be hard. I don't think I could do that. Don't you find that hard, being all, like, detached and cold?"

"She lied," Rose shook her head with a giggle, pointing at the scanner. "Look."

Amy blinked when she saw the Apocalypse talking quietly to a silently crying little girl. "Apocalypse?"

"Come on," Rose headed for the doors.

"Welcome to London Market," a voice said on the intercom, and Amy gasped, flattening herself against the TARDIS when she saw where they were. "You are being monitored."

"I'm in the future," she mumbled in shock as the Apocalypse rejoined them. "Like, hundreds of years in the future. I've been dead for centuries."

"Oh, lovely, you're a cheery one," the Apocalypse took her arm and pulled her along. "Never mind dead. Look at this place! Isn't it wrong?"