Chapter Eighteen

*Blood covered my body, covered the hands of the ones around me as they rushed around my dazed body. Everything was happening so fast that I didn't even know what was going on around me just that the people around me wanted to help me. Why?*

*"What's going on?" I choked out feeling scared.*

*We need to keep you alive!" The doctor cried. "Nurse get them out of here, now!!"*

*The sound of crying filled my ears and I instantly knew who it belonged to.*

*"My baby!" I cried. "Let me see her!"*

*I wanted to hold her in my arms, Jagger next to me watching over us both but no they just told me I couldn't see her. They told me that Jagger and our daughter were to leave while they took care of me. Jagger was torn between us both, he wanted to stay with me yet he wanted to protect our daughter yet the doctor didn't give him a choice.*

*"What's going on?" I cried. "Why can't I see my baby? Why can't I see Jagger!"*

*I thrashed about trying to get free, to get to my family. Nurses held me down as I screamed yet my body felt drained of everything. My thrashing stopped as their drugs began to set in yet the sound of the heart monitor scared me as it sounded my death, I was outside my body now listening to the sound of it's long cry. I can't be dead, could I?*

I screamed myself awake, my body jerking up into a sitting position. Everything around me was in a haze as I tried to make out where I was and then arms wrapped around me making me scream once more.

"Shhh!" I heard someone whisper. "Your dad showed up here at there warehouse."

I looked around. "Where Jagger!"

"He, um, got shot." I heard the voice tell me as my vision cleared up slowly and there before me was my best friend I hadn't seen for months, Echo.

"Shot?" I whispered scared to death.

She nodded forcing me down as I tried desperately to get out of the bed. I needed to find Jagger! I had to make sure he was okay, I wouldn't be able to live without him. Literally seems how my father was in the next room and that's when I picked up on his yelling.

"I know she's here! I heard her scream just now!" He screamed. "That whore told me she was here!!"

I pushed myself up against the wall that the bed rested against. My father was getting closer and closer to the room I was in, my fear of everything coming back to haunt me. What was gunna happen to us?

"She's not here, that scream was one of our own who has nightmares. Your daughter's at the hospital." I heard Andrés say. "Her boyfriend got shot a few hours ago. He's been in surgery for about am hour, you're daughter wouldn't leave his side."

Tears formed in my eyes as I listened to what had become of my boyfriend. Had he really been shot? Was he really in surgery?

"Don't lie to me!" My father screamed. "I'm not afraid to shoot you."

Andrés began to laugh. "Killing a drug lord or a gang leader gets you fucked up big time, mi amigo." His Spanish accent filled the air. "Isn't that right boys?"

All I heard after that was a room filled with people who agreed.

My father growled slightly. "What hospital is she at?"

"The one in L.A." Andrés answered. "And may I ask who told you she was here?"

"Cecilia Hunt." My father said stomping out of the room.

Moments later I heard a knock on the door of the room I was in.

"Come in." Echo called out.

Andrés walked into the room looking around till his eyes landed on me. "How long have you been awake or well how much did you over hear from your father being here?"

"Everything." Echo answered for me as I just stared off into space. My boyfriend had been shot. My father showed up asking where I was because of Andy's girlfriend. What else is gunna happen?

"Emma?"

"I think she's in shock." Echo whispered softly.

"W-what happened to Jagger?" I whispered softly.

"I sent him on a contact earlier into enemy territory with some of my other men. He needs the money seems how he's living off of this pay and no longer his concert money." His voice was slightly rough. "He has you and your kid now, life gets harder after that."

Echo gasped. "You're pregnant!?"

I nodded. "Where's Jagger?"

"Come on, I'll take you to him, he's in the infirmary." And at that Echo helped me up, my body and I screaming in pain.

"OW! Stop. Stop! STOP!!" I screamed loudly.

Echo stopped suddenly staring down at me. "What's wrong?"

I moved back on to my bed curling up in a ball as I cried. "It hurts!"

"What's wrong?" Echo asked.

"She shouldn't be able to have a baby." Jagger's husky voice filled the room. "Her father beat her so bad that she physical can't have the baby without complications. That and she has a ten percent chance of living."

He staggered toward the bed where he crawled in with me.

"Jagger you should be in the infirmary!" Andrés nearly snapped.

"Fuck that!" Jagger growled. "My girl needs me." And at that Jagger looked at me pain in his eyes but who who?

"Are you guys not gunna get an abortion if there's a ten percent chance?" Echo asked just as I screamed out in pain.

"Echo, I love you but that's really stupid." Jagger said. "I mean, yes, Emma could die from this but she wants to have a baby. I was thinking abortion and adopting if she wanted a baby that badly but that changed. We want a mini us running round the place."

Echo sighed heavily. "What would you do if-"

"She wont die, dammit!" Jagger growled out pulling me closer to him. "She won't!"

"Sorry." Echo whispered as I curled further into Jagger's chest making him flinch.

I looked up at him. "You got shot."

He nodded. "Yeah, it barely missed my vitals or whatever the doctor said I'm still confused that and I'm tired and drugged up on pain pills."

"Sleep then." I told him.

"Just wake me up if you need me." He told me.