Chapter Three

I awoke a couple hours later curled up on the couch with Jagger who slept soundly, his arms around my body. I sighed softly to myself at the feel of not wanting to move from my spot for being in his arms was like the safe haven I've always craved for even more so then the dactyl of my bedroom.

I stirred slightly at the sound of my father yelling outside in his yard. I slipped from Jagger's arms to peak through the blinds of the window but I was suddenly pulled back from it the moment I reached out.

I turned to look up into Jagger's bright blue eyes. "Cops have been patrolling the area since an hour ago. I suggest you stay away from windows and doors if you don't wanna get caught."

My eyes widened with fear. "He's gunna find me!" But Jagger took my face in between his hands as he whispered to me. "I will not let him find you, not on my watch he won't."

I smiled to myself as I moved away from him.

"So are you doin okay? How swollen is your face still?" He stepped towards me gently taking my face in his hands. He then turned my face so he could take a better look. "The swelling has gone down a bit."

I nodded. "At least it doesn't hurt as much as before."

"Yeah." He sighed stroking my cheek.

I looked away from him, turning slightly. "Didn't you say you had to go to work today?"

"Oh yeah." He looked over at the clock sighing heavily once again.

"I gotta leave in an hour but, um, with you here I'm worried bout leaving you. Why don't you come with me?"

"Yes please." I agreed just as someone walked through the front door. "Jagger please tell me you didn't call the police over the press again."

Jagger groaned softly. "What do you want Echo?" And at the mention of that name I turned around to throw my arms around my best friend.

"OMG!" Echo giggled hugging me back. "I've missed you so much!"

"I know!" I laughed. "How was your trip? Sid you have fun with your man?"

She shook her head laughing. "Kinda, I had my cock blocker of a big brother there of course."

Jagger choked. "Excuse me?"

Echo giggled looking over at him. "It's true you cock blocked Gale's every move!"

"So your boyfriend is Gale?" I asked.

"Duh!" She giggled. "And you keep them eyes off him." She was joking of course but I answered her this. "Love is stupid, just remember that when something bad happens."

She looked at me weird.

"We were just going to meet the guys." Jagger cleared his throat.

Echo giggled. "I'm coming to!"

"The thing is...we need to keep things on the down low those cops are looking for her." Jagger said in a soft voice before peering out the window just as a patrol car passed. "Dammit! We need to come up with a plan."

"Why don't you just put her in your car and when we leave I go one way and you guys the other." Echo said with a smile. "Brilliant, huh?"

Jagger shook his head. "They've been checking cars."

"How thorough?" I questioned in a soft voice.

"Only what's in the front and back, why?" He asked.

"Put me in the trunk if they don't check." I said. "Then we can do Echo's plan and when we are far enough away from the cops then I can come up front."

Jagger seemed to hesitate.

"What?" Echo and I said together.

Jagger looked over at me. "Are you sure you want to get in the trunk?"

I nodded. "It's the only way to get away."

He sighted. "Okay then let's go."

Echo left through the front door while Jagger lead me over toward the garage where his car sat waiting. He popped the trunk before turning to me asking. "Ready?"

I nodded before getting in.

"Wait do you have a phone?" He asked.

I nodded. "I need to get rid of it though, my dad might track it which I'm surprised he hasn't yet."

"Here, give it to me." He held out his hand.

He took the phone before crushing the phone itself. He then dug into his pocket pulling out another phone. "This is my work phone but I have my personal number plugged into this one. You need me at all when your back here just text me or even call."

I nodded with a smile. "Thank you." I then laid down letting him shut the trunk.

The only thing I felt after that was the car moving as he pulled out of the driveway and moves toward the road. I felt the car come to a stop moments later, this was torturous. I had to lay back here waiting for the police officer to check the car, please don't check the trunk. I heard the open and close of a door which rocked the car back and forth slightly before I heard a voice coming towards the trunk, making me panic even more.

"Officer before you look in there I advise you to be careful, I'm belligerent my baby sister move out of our parent's house. She entrusted me with all the breakable things." Jagger said before pausing. "It's kinda filled to the top, my sister's gunna kill me if I break anything."

The officer chuckled. "You're off the hook this time buddy but next time you wont he so lucky."

"Yes sir." Jagger laughed with the officer and moments later the car took off down the road.

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

I pulled the cell phone Jagger gave me from my pocket just as I got a text from him. I smiled to myself as I then read the text: Out of range of cops tryin 2 find place 2 stop.

And just as I was about to type out a response, the car came to a stop. A second later the trunk opened to reveal Jagger standing before me. He then held out a hand for me to take before helpin me out of the back, or well he tried. I looked like an idiot trying to get out, so I stood up looking down at him from my position in the trunk before he grabbed me by the waist to lift me out and onto solid ground.

We didn't part from each other till he took a strand of mg strawberry blonde hair in between his fingers. "Don't you think you should dye your hair? It could help you cover up your identity."

I nodded before pulling my hair over my shoulders. "It wouldn't hurt to get it cut to a shorter length, either."

"If you want we can stop by a store or something o the way to the recording studio, Echo could always help you with everything."

I nodded. "Maybe Echo could get the hair dye and stuff for me seems how she's so fashionable."

Jagger chuckled. "Yeah."

*****************************

We had Echo get all the supplies to change my appearance, so when Jagger and I showed up at the studio she bombarded me with the things as her mouth moved a mile a minute. "So for your hair dye its gunna be a red color, its kinda bright but I think it will fit you so much better then blond." She looked me over. "As far as you hair goes I'm gunna cut it so hat its between you shoulders and the middle of your back not at you ass."

I laughed softly. "Sounds fair."