Chapter Sixteen

Marco showed up nearly twenty minutes later when the pain eased in to a dull pin prick. I lay curled in a ball on our couch as Jagger brought Marco and Lily, Marco's girlfriend, over to me. Jagger by now had a worried look on his face as he stood next to Lily watching me intently.

"So what's goin on?" Marco asked walking up to me where he kneeled down next to where my head was.

"I might be pregnant but before I met Jagger, my father beat me so bad that when I saw my doctor she told me that I couldn't have a child without having so major complications." My voice was just above a whisper as I explained my situation.

Marco stood looking over at Lily. "Why don't you take Emma to the other room while I go get the portable ultrasound machine." He then looked over at Jagger.  "You're comin with me, mi amigo."

Jagger nodded, his electric eyes never leaving me as Lily helped me get up and move back into the bedroom where she helped me onto the bed.

"Lily." I whispered through my tears. "I want to be a mother so badly. I want this baby!"

She hugged me tight as I sobbed.

Jagger P.O.V.

I only hear the words.  "I want this baby!" My angel in the other room could be pregnant yet even with the complications she would want the child. Would I even want the child?

I shook my head following Marco out to his car. He went to the back to.get the things he needed as he asked. "Pregnant, huh?"

I shrugged. "I thought we've been safe all this time." I thought about it a moment. "Damn, she's probably already three months pregnant!" I racked my hand through my hair feeling angry at myself. I put her through this just because of one slip up.

"Jagger you'll be fine, Lily and I will have a look at Emma Ans see how this will complicate things but we will do our best to make it an easy and pain free pregnancy."

"We don't even know if she's pregnant!" I nearly yelled but it wall all toward me.

"Calm down." Marco said. "We'll figure things out."

I nodded as we made our way back into the apartment. My mind was racing as we made our way into the bedroom where my angel lay, a hand in her stomach. She did look pregnant, her stomach showing a tiny bit. Was she really pregnant or was that just more weight gain she earned after maintaining a regular weight now?

I walked over to Emma leaning down to kiss her. "How ya feeling?"

She looked up at me with a tear stained face, her lime green eyes no longer bright like always as she whimpered softly. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you."

"About what?" I cupped her face in my hands as Marco set up the ultrasound machine.

She was scaring me right now.

"About what my father did to me." She whimpered. "I knew if we stayed together long enough to actually think about having a family, I would have to tell you but I was scared. I mean I was pregnant before this but I had a miscarriage, it was a couple weeks after we moves down here. It was to early in." She had fresh tears streaming down her face. "Jagger, I want to be a mother."

"We can adopt." I told her but her face twisted with emotion when I spoke.

"No!" She cried. "I want a mini your or me running around not someone else's child."

I nodded. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to upset you."

I kissed her softly.

Marco cleared his throat. "Jagger you were right bout the time or well close enough to it." He then looked over at Emma. "You're two and a half months pregnant."

A weak smile traced Emma lips. She looked so pale yet so beautiful.

"Can we see?" I asked not being able to contain the little excitement I had. The rest of me was worried about Emma and our baby. Our baby!! We were having a kid together, granted I was hoping it would be a little further down the road after I proposed and married her but nevertheless we were here now and with a baby on the way.

Emma sat up slowly as Marco moved the machine to show us. There it was, the child Emma was having, my son or daughter. My future life.

I smiled staring at the machine in awe.

"Thanks Marco, for coming here I mean." I told him. "Um if you could, can you give us some complications we need to look out for while she's pregnant?"

"Pain is a major one but there's also weight loss, bleeding, bruising, maybe more or less. But, um, the main complication would be during the labor and delivery." He looked nerves.

"I might die." Emma whispered.

Marco nodded. "There's a ten percent chance of living."

"I know." She whispered.

I looked at Emma with worry. Just this complication today was enough to make her make her look sick, I was scared to see what the other six and a half months will bring her.