Chapter Seventeen

Emma's P.O.V.

Jagger was quiet as we finished our food a while after Marco and Lily left. The silence was eating me alive so I looked up at the man I love to see that he was watching me.

"Jagger, why are you so quiet?" I whispered as I stood to start cleaning up our mess.

Jagger took everything from me. "Go sit down."

I frowned at him.

He grinned at me. "What?"

"Why have you been so quiet since Marco and Lily left?"  I asked sitting down at our counter placing a hand on my stomach.

"Sorry I've just been lost in thought." He walked over to me where he wrapped his arms around me. "Now how's little JJ?"

"JJ?" I asked trying not to laugh. "Is that supposed to stand for Jagger Jr?"

He grinned. "Yep!"

I started laughing. "Oh no, we are not naming our child after you if its a boy. We can name him something else."

Jagger chuckled. "Emma that was my way of saying we need to pick out some names."

I smiled. "Okay."

He kissed my lips. "I love you but I can't help worry bout you now. Well I'm worrying bout you and our baby." She shivered slightly. "I never thought I'd here myself say I'm ready to be a father but I am. I'm ready to start a family with you." He kissed me again.

I smiled. "Are you sure.you can handle a pregnant girlfriend?"

He chuckled. "No but I can handle a pregnant fiancée." And when I looked at him with this funny look on my face  he continued. "Marry me."

I stared at him in shock before nodding slowly, a smile on my face as the tears came streaming down my face.

*************************************

"I want you guys to come home." Andy told me over the phone.

"I know but we're happy here." I said sitting on the couch next to Jagger who was playing on his Xbox 360. "

"Happy?" Andy coughed.

I stretched my legs across the couch, Jagger moving back slightly so I could rest my legs in his lap before resuming his spot of leaning forward and playing.

"Andy life just started for us." I said. "One where dad isn't involved."

He sighed. "Please come home."

"We will when dad is locked up." I stated. "I'm not bringing anyone near him."

"Anyone?"  Andy asked. "Like who?"

"Your future niece or nephew. Andy I'm pregnant." And at those words a smile formed on Jagger's lips as well as my own.

"Pregnant?" Andy whispered. "Damn, I was expecting it later on when you and Jagger got married but damn. How far along are you?"

"Two and a half months. We kinda found out today when I had a little episode." I confessed, Jagger rested a hand on my leg to comfort me.

"Damn what happened?" Andy asked.

I sighed. "I'm not supposed to be able to have kids because of how bad dad used to hurt me."

"Oh."

"Andy that's why we don't wanna come home. I can't loose this baby it could be the only one I could physically have." I told him. "I want a mini me or a mini Jagger." Again Jagger smiled. "After one if we want another then we'll adopt."

"Okay." He sighed. "Can you guys please come home for a day or two at least? I wanna see you."

I nudged Jagger softly mouthing to him. "Andy wants us to go up there for a day or two. What do you want me to tell him?"

"Its fine to go." Jagger answered turning back to his game.

I giggled. "Andy you caught Jagger at a good moment he's playing his video games and said yes."

"YES!!" Andy cheered.

I laughed. "See ya soon then."

*************************************

Nearly two weeks Jagger and I were back in California waiting for my brother to come get us at the airport. Jagger had his arm around my shoulder as he surveyed the area, he always did that now that he's in the gang. He always watches his back for danger that and he felt bare without his pistol, I could tell just by looking at him.

"Jagger!" Someone called out.

Jagger turned. "Where's Andy?"

Andrés stood in front of us now as he answered. "Asked me to pick ya up." He then pulled out a gun handing it to Jagger. "Thought you'd go a little crazy without one."

.

Jagger nodded. "Thanks man." He said putting the gun in the waist band of his pants. It was near the small of his back where it was hidden from view.

I looked at him realizing since we've moved to Florida, he's changed and I wasn't sure if it was for the better.

"Ready?" Jagger asked me pulling me to him with a grin.

I nodded not saying a word as he guided me off toward the car that Andrés led us to.

"Jagger how's Florida been?" He asked.

"Fine." Jagger answered in a grumble.  "Just peachy."

"Why the sarcasm?" Andrés cast a glance back at Jagger.

"Just missin the old life." He sighed.

"You know what you get pulling out of the gang." Was all that was said before Jagger cussed under his breath.

"Yeah I know." Jagger growled angrily. "You really think I'm gunna pull out when I have a kid on the way?"

"At least you will get to see your kid." Andrés said. "My daughter died last year cause of a plane crash."

I felt bad for him. Life for me would be over if I ever lost my child. I placed a hand over my growing stomach thinking to myself about my future family.