Chapter 3~~More at Stake

Chapter 3

When the bell rang I hurried out of my Biology class and headed straight for my locker where I saw ryder waiting for me with that dazzling smile of his.

“Where’s the fire at?” he asked jokingly.

“Very funny are you planning to be a comedian when you grow up?”

“Haven’t thought about that actually,” he said with a smile, “So let’s get started I think I am just as eager as you are to see what we can find out.”

So we headed to the courtyard where we could sit down and discuss things. My first question is going to be why The Agency isn’t as closed moth with him? I totally didn’t get that.

“What do you want to know first Lacy?” he asked

“I am really curious as to why The Agency is more closed mouth with me than with you?”

Well I am going to assume that means that you are from royal background which if that is the case then your birth parents true identities are not known they must be hiding that they are more than just one creature from what I have found out from the otherworld that is forbidden to happen with the royal families to mix breed so this is going to be dangerous to say the least.” he said looking very concerned and waiting my reaction to that I didn’t ever consider that maybe they gave me up to save my life I just thought they didn’t want me because I was a freak of nature.

“Oh no that doesn’t sound good Ryder what should I do, I don’t want to put my birth parents in danger this feels like I am stuck between a rock and a hard place.” I said my mood dampened just a little bit.

“I think if we want real answers we should go to the otherworld to get them that way we wouldn’t really put them in direct danger.” he stated looking hopeful that I would agree, I was doubtful I hadn’t ever thought about going to my birth place. I know Hollie and her parents say it is very beautiful there they all go there a few times out of the year so yes that means that Hollie isn’t adopted not all of the special beings give up there kids. I was beginning to think that the ones who did do that route did it to protect there kids which made me realize that this otherworld also had some very bad parts to it just like the human world.

“First off how do we get to this Otherworld have you ever been?” I asked him.

“No I haven’t been I do wonder why we adopted out kids don’t get to go there when we want?”

“That makes me wonder if all the kids that are adopted out are more than one creature like us since you siad that/” I said to Ryder that made me wonder if I should ask Hollie some questions I know if I asked her to she wouldn’t mention it to her parents she was very loyal that way.

“You bring up an interesting idea I am good at computers we might should hack into The Agency computer system and see if there is something to that.” he said not really to confident with what he said bout the hacking part which I totally understood and it was then that I realized he let something slip out I so had to call him on it.

“Ryder I thought you were just fairy so if that isn’t the case what else are you?” I asked wondering why he had lied?

“I am just fairy Lacy, I overheard Aliza and Edmond talking one night when my parents and I were in there office I had left my book bag in there office well I heard them say that my case was rare a full fairy to be giving up for adoption so I just left didn’t let them know I heard that from that moment on I been wanting to find my birth parents to understand why they gave me up.”

“I am so sorry that I doubted you I mean you been nothing but honest with me so I also don’t thing we should do the hacking thing either I think we should talk to Hollie see what she thinks and I should let you know that I will be telling her my real identity so there might be a little drama between us at first.” I warned him so with that said I called Hollie and told her that me and Ryder needed to talk to her. I said we were still at school she said she would be right there I am sure she was going to use her fairy speed to get here.