Chapter 9

Lydia's POV

"My poor baby," I sigh as I stroke Macy's hair. She's still sick and she's been waking up all throughout the night, which results in me waking up as well. It's been a very rough night to say the least. Luckily, Macy is finally asleep, which allows me to quickly eat something and maybe even get some sleep myself. I walk out of Macy's room and head to the kitchen to make myself some food. As I'm preparing a sandwich, the doorbell rings, making me sigh.

"Pas, if this is you, go away!" I call out, hoping she'll get the message. I texted her earlier to tell her Macy was still sick. Unfortunately, either Pascalle doesn't get it or it isn't her as the doorbell rings again. I open the door and to my surprise, Daniel is standing in front of me.

"Hey," I say surprised. Did I forget about us meeting up?

"Hey, can I talk to you?" Daniel asks and I nod.

"Yeah, of course. Come on in. Let me just freshen up a bit, it's been a rough night," I sigh and Daniel nods before walking in.

"I'll be right back, just make yourself at home," I say before going to the bathroom. I quickly wash my face and put my hair up in a bun before putting on some more normal looking clothes.

"Sorry about that," I say as I walk back into the living room, where Daniel is sitting in the couch.

"That's okay."

"So what did you want to talk about?" I ask as I sit down next to Daniel.

"About something you said actually. I've been thinking about it a lot and slowly more and more questions arise. I figured the best way to handle it was to just talk to you."

"Yeah, sure. What is it?" I ask, though I already have a feeling what this is about.

"You said that Macy's dad isn't in your life and that you had a one night stand with him, which is how you got pregnant with Macy."

"Yeah, that's true."

"If what I'm thinking isn't true, this is gonna sound really weird. But when you accidently kissed me the other day, it didn't only feel nice, it felt familiar. And ever since, I've been trying to figure out why."

"Did you figure it out?" I ask curiously, though I have a feeling I already know the answer, why else would he be here?

"I did. You see, a few years ago, I had a one night stand. The girl left before I woke up and I don't remember her name or anything, which has always kind of annoyed me as I had a great time with her. But kissing you, it felt the same way as kissing that girl."

"Really?"

"Yeah. Lydia, please just tell me. Are you the girl? Did we have a one night stand a few years ago?" Daniel asks and I sigh, knowing that there's no denying it anymore.

"Mommy!" I hear Macy cry out, making me get up and run to her room.

"Oh baby girl, are you feeling bad again?" I ask her as I see her awake again. She nods sadly and I lift her up. I take a deep breath before walking back out to the living room. for some reason, this feels like a big step.

"Everything okay?" Daniel asks when I walk back in.

"Yeah, Macy just isn't feeling to well," I say and Daniel nods as his eyes focus on Macy. I sit down on the couch and wrap my arms around Macy, who is still really sleepy.

"I'm sorry, I could come back another time, you must be tired."

"No, no don't worry, it's okay."

"Okay, if you're sure."

"I am, just pretend she's not here, she'll fall asleep soon probably."

"Okay. Then can you tell me if you're the girl?" Daniel asks, a pleading look on his face. I take a deep breath before I nod.