Chapter 4

"You have a date with a driver?" Pascalle exclaims as I walk out of the bathroom, freshly showered.

"Yes I do," I simply say as I walk over to my closet.

"How did you get a date with a driver?"

"Well, I was on the grid and he walked up to me, but I had to leave. Then after the race he found me and talked to me and then he asked me out."

"Why?"

"I don't know, because he wanted to."

"Which driver is it?"

"Daniel Ricciardo," I quickly say, hoping Pascalle didn't quite catch that. Because she does know he was the guy from the one night stand.

"Come again?"

"Daniel Ricciardo," I repeat, slower this time.

"You're kidding, right?"

"No, I'm not."

"You're going on a date with the guy you had a one night stand with? The guy who is Macy's father?"

"Yes, I am."

"Are you crazy?"

"No, why would you say that?" I ask as I take out a cute dress that I can wear tonight.

"Because it's a bad idea!"

"Why?"

"First of all, he's a F1 driver. He travels all over the world and he is hardly ever at home. Second of all, you had a one night stand with him and you had his baby, which he doesn't know about. How can it end well?"

"I don't know Pas, but I won't know until I give it a try. What if it does work out? We could be a real family, Daniel, Macy and I. How good would that be, for Macy as well. And yes, he does travel all over the world, but if we both really want it, we can work it out," I say, abandoning my search for an outfit for tonight.

"I know, but I'm just worried about you. I don't want you to get hurt, especially what happened last time with Daniel."

"I understand that, but you don't have to be worried. I'll be careful, I promise. I won't tell him about Macy until I'm sure I see us going somewhere."

"Okay. Then I'm really happy for you," Pascalle says, making me smile.

"Really?"

"Yes, of course! I want you to be happy and if Daniel makes you happy, I'm happy for you. And you're right, if the three of you could be a family, that would be amazing."

"Thank you," I say as I hug Pascalle.

"No problem girl. Now let's get you dressed for tonight. We need to make you look hot," Pascalle says as she walks to my closet. I chuckle as I shake my head as she starts going through my clothes.

"It's just a simple date."

"No, if you're doing this, you're doing it right."

"But what if it doesn't work out?"

"If you don't try, it won't work out for sure. So we're gonna make you look amazing so that you're gonna blow Daniel away," Pascalle says as I take a cute dress out of my closet.

"How about this?"

"No, no, no, way too cute and momlike."

"That's one of my favorite dresses!"

"I know and I love it, but it's not good enough for this date."

"Then what is?"

"This," Pascalle says as she takes something out of the closet.