Chapter 8

Lydia's POV

"How do I look?" I ask as I spin around in front of Pascalle, who is holding Macy.

"Amazing!"

"Thanks to you, so thank you."

"No problem, anything for you," Pascalle says, making me smile. I can't help but hug her before grabbing my purse.

"Daniel can be here any moment," I say as we walk into the living room.

"Are you nervous?" Pascalle asks as we sit down on the couch. Macy crawls over to me and sits down on my lap, making me smile.

"You mean more than last time? Because yes, yes I am."

"Don't be nervous! He asked you on a second date, even after you left early on your first one. He likes you, a lot, trust me."

"I hope you're right," I say, just as the doorbell rings.

"That must be him!" Pascalle says excited.

"Are you sure you're not the one going on a date," I ask jokingly as I put Macy on the ground so I can get up.

"Very sure, only you can snatch a sexy F1 driver like that," Pascalle replies, making me blush. She's right, he's very sexy indeed. I quickly look in the mirror to check if it's not too obvious that I'm blushing before opening the door.

"Hey!" Daniel greets me, a big smile on his face.

"Hey, it's good to see you again," I tell him, smiling back.

"Yeah, you too. Ready to go?"

"Yeah, let's go," I say. I want to walk out of the front door, but Daniel's gaze is focused on something behind me. Or rather, someone. Macy.

"Who's that?" he asks me, looking back at me now. His gaze is intense and it doesn't help with the internal panic session I'm experiencing right now.

"I'll tell you in a minute, okay? We should get going."

"Oh, okay," Daniel says, sounding confused.

"Bye!" I say to Pascalle, who waves back. I could always tell Daniel Macy is hers. No, no, I have to be honest. As Daniel and I are walking to his car, I try to think of the best way to tell Daniel about Macy.

"Where are we going?" I ask, mostly to break the silence that is getting more and more awkward and we aren't even in the car yet.

"You'll see," Daniel replies, his signature grin back on his face. Well, at least he's not mad. Yet. Both of us get into his car and he starts driving somewhere. We drive for quite a while before Daniel parks the car and gets out. I get out as well, a little confused why we stopped here.

"What are we doing here?" I ask as I walk around the car to Daniel.

"We're going on our date."

"What?"

"This is one of my favorite places here, so I thought I'd take some food with me and we can just spend some time here. It's quiet around here, so we can talk and make up for last night."

"It's an open field."

"So? It's peaceful, no one is around and it's not illegal."

"I guess you're right. But where will we sit?"

"1 second," Daniel says as he walks around the car. He opens the trunk and takes out a box and a blanket. He puts the blanket on the front of the car before lifting me up and putting me on the blanket. Then he sits down next to me and opens the box.

"You know, this is actually really nice," I say as Daniel hands me a sandwich.

"Right?" he says, making me chuckle.

"Thank you, for this. I don't really have time to do stuff like this and I love it."

"Because of the little girl?" Daniel asks and I sigh before nodding. I knew he'd bring it up eventually, just didn't expect him to do it right away. Like I've said before, he certainly is direct.

"Yeah, because of her."

"What's her name?"

"Macy," I say, smiling as I mention her.

"That's a beautiful name."

"Thank you."

"She's yours, right?" Daniel asks, probably just to make sure.

"Yeah, she is."

"And her dad?"

"He's not around," I say as I avoid looking Daniel into the eyes.

"Did you break up?"

"No, I never had a relationship with him. We had a one night stand and we've never spoken since. He doesn't even know about Macy."

"Ahh, I see. Must be rough."

"Yeah, sometimes. But I have Pascalle, who helps me out a lot."

"That's nice."

"Yeah, it is."

"How old is Macy actually?" Daniel asks and I have a quick inner debate. If I tell him her age and he suspects anything already, he might start to figure things out. But on the other hand, if I want a future with Daniel, he should know.

"She's 3 and a half."

"Ahh, nice age," Daniel says, making me smile.

"Yeah, she's amazing."

Daniel's POV

Ever since my conversation with Lydia about Macy, my mind has been working double time. For some reason, her saying that she had a one-night stand triggered something.

"Are you okay man?" Max asks, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah, sorry. I've been thinking about something."

"What is it?"

"It's something Lydia said during our date tonight. She said she had a one-night stand."

"So?"

"A few years ago, I had a one night stand as well. I remember almost everything about it, except for who the girl was," I explain. Even though it was years ago, I'm still annoyed that I don't remember who the girl was. She left before I woke up and didn't leave her number or her name.

"Wait, are you saying that she might be the girl from the one night stand?"

"I don't know, that's what I'm trying to figure out. It would explain why she seems so familiar and why kissing her felt so familiar."

"What if she is?"

"Well, then I'm a dad."

"What?!" Max asks shocked, making me chuckle slightly. Probably should've told him that another way.

"Lydia has a daughter, Macy. When I asked her about her father, she told me the guy wasn't around and that she got pregnant with Macy after a one night stand."

"How old is Macy?"

"3 and a half. It is possible, because my one night stand was in Monaco after a crappy race."

"Daniel, are you sure about this?"

"I don't know, but I did see her when I picked Lydia up."

"You saw Macy? What did you think, does she look like you?" Max asks and I sigh. At the moment, I'm mostly just confused.

"I don't know, I really don't."

Sooo...what do you think? What should Daniel do? Let me know your thoughts in the comments!! Also, don't forget to vote for this chapter :)

Love you all

Evy
Instagram: readracewrite