Chapter 13

I stare at the ceiling, thinking about what just happened. It was bound to happen, it just surprised me how quick it happened. I don't regret it, not at all. I just wonder what will happen next.

"What are you thinking about?" Daniel asks as he pulls me closer to him.

"Stuff."

"What kind of stuff?"

"Us, the future, what this meant."

"What do you mean? What do you think this means?"

"I don't know, you tell me."

"It means that I love you. It means that I want to be with you. It means that you're all I want," Daniel says, making me smile.

"Good, it means the same to me."

"Then why are you worried?"

"I'm not."

"Yeah, you are. I can see it on your face."

"I'm just thinking about the future, that's all."

"We'll take it one step at the time. Everything will be fine, I promise."

"I hope so."

"For now, I'm just happy that we're here, together. I wouldn't want it any other way."

"Me neither," I say, making Daniel smile. He presses a soft kiss against my lips.

"I can't wait until the season is over. Just leave behind the whole F1 world for a while and be home."

"I can imagine," I say as Daniel stares at me, making me blush.

"What?" I ask confused as he's not saying anything. He's just staring at me, a special look in his eyes that I can't quite place.

"Come with me."

"What?" I ask surprised.

"Come with me to Australia."

"To Australia?"

"Yeah, during the winter break. I want you to meet my parents."

"Really?"

"Yeah, of course! You're my girlfriend, Macy is my daughter. I want you to meet my parents, I want my parents to meet you and Macy. I want us to be a real family."

"I want that too," I say, making Daniel smile.

"So will you come with me?"

"With Macy?"

"Yes, I'm sure my mom is dying to meet her granddaughter. She'll go crazy once I tell her."

"You haven't told them about me and Macy yet?" I ask surprised.

"No, I haven't."

"Why not? You aren't ashamed of us, are you?"

"No, no! Of course not! You and Macy are the best thing that ever happened to me."

"Then why didn't you tell them yet?"

"Because I wanted to be sure first."

"Sure about what?"

"Sure that things were going to work out, sure that Macy was really mine, sure that you wanted the same thing as me," Daniel admits, making me smile. He's so sweet.

"And are you now? Are you sure?"

"Yes, more than 100%."

"Good, then I'll come with you."