Chapter 18

Elizabeth POV:

I was going to the beach today with Ryan. He said he had to tell me something, something important. I got up and changed into a short dress and sandals.

 I got up and changed into a short dress and sandals

I ran down the stairs and grabbed an apple. Edward walked into the kitchen.

"Morning" He said
"Morning"
"You going to beach"
"Yea"
"With who"
"Ryan"
"The guy you went to the graduation dance with"
"Yea"
"He seems nice"
"He is"
"Need a lift to the border"
"Yes please"

He grabbed his keys and walked to his car. I followed. I got in the passenger side and he drove. We arrived 5 mins later. Ryan was waiting.

"Thanks"
"Have fun"

I ran over to Ryan and hugged him. We walked to the beach and sat on the rocks. I took off my sandals and put my feet in the water. I turned to him.

"What did you want to tell me"
"I'm not like other guys"
"No ones the same"
"No, I mean, I'm totally different."
"How so"
He took a deep breath.
"I'm half vampire and full werewolf. And I know your family is vampires"
"I already knew what you were"
"How"
"Alice is a fortune teller, she can tell the future"
"Oh"
"How did you know my family are vampires"
"Smell"
"Cool"

I was suddenly picked up from someone behind me. I was thrown over their shoulder. I looked up to see black hair, Paul.

"Paul, put me down"
"No, I don't think I will"
"Your annoying, you know that"
"Wouldn't have it any other way"

The rest of the Uley pack came out of the trees. They laughed when they seen me over Pauls shoulder, trying to get unsuccessfully free. I gave up.

"Sam, help me"
"Why should I"
"Because you'll be my favorite wolf"
He laughed and helped me but instead of putting me on my own two feet he threw me over his shoulder.
"Not what I meant by helping"
"Say 'Sam is the best guy in the world' and I will"
"No"
"Then your not getting down"
He started tickling me.
"Fine, fine, fine. Sam is the best guy in the world" I said between laughs.

He put me down. I folded my arms and looked at them. For the rest of the day I hung around with the pack. Turns out, Ryan is part of the pack. I don't know how they didn't tell him about my family before. Anyway, at half 8, Ryan brought me back to the border where Carlisle was waiting.

"So, I'll seya whenever"
"Yea."
"Bye" He hugged me
"Bye"

I walked over to Carlisles car and got in. I leaned back in the seat and sighed. Carlisle looked at me.

"Have fun"
"Yea"
"Tired"
"Yea"
"You can go to bed after dinner. Esme has it ready"
"Ok"

I ran to the kitchen as soon  as I we got home I walked straight to the kitchen. I was about to go to my room when I heard Edward shout.

"Family meeting"

I walked into the living room to see the others there. I sat beside Jasper and laid my head on his shoulder.

"What's this about Edward" Carlisle asked.
"You know the girl that has been sneaking into Elizabeth's room"
"Yea"
"Well, she won't anymore"
"What you mean"
"I killed her"
"How, when"

*Flashback*

Edward POV:

I was walking back from hunting when I smelt a vampire near by. I turned towards the area it came from and a girl with red eyes was staring at me.

"Who are you? What do you want" I asked.
"Who I am is not important. I am here because your family killed my mate so I am going to kill your daughter"
"Your not getting anyway near her"
"Am I not. Well, lets see about that because last time I checked, you hated her"
She ran but I caught her before she got far. I slammed her into a tree holding her neck.
"You don't know anything about my family. I do love her but couldn't care for two so pretended to hate her"
"Well, that's unfair. You could of still acknowledged her." 
"Shut up. What do you want with Elizabeth"
"Your family killed my mate so I am going to kill the one person important to them all. Sweet little Elizabeth, helpless without her family"
"That's it. You can go to hell like your mate did."

I jumped on her shoulder and pulled her head off. I set her on fire and ran home.

*End of flashback* 

Elizabeth POV:

I ran up and hugged him.

"Thank you"
"Well I couldn't let you die now, could I"

I laughed.

"Night everyone"
"Night"

I ran upstairs and changed out of my clothes. I laid in bed and thought of what Edward said. She was dead, I was save. I closed my eyes and fell asleep with a smile on my face.