Epilogue

Okay, I've seen most of your requests and the majority of you demanded I write a sequel, some of you want just an epilogue and a few of you requested both.

So I came to a conclusion.

In order to officially end this story, I decided to give you guys an Epilogue... for now. At the moment I have no time to continue with this story in a sequel as I'm extremely busy.

So I'm so sorry to disappoint those who were looking forward to a sequel... but don't be completely disappointed because I might have time in the future to write it again maybe as a sequel or maybe as Matthew story, since his character is quite admired by some of you... So be on the look out for any update regarding this story.

As for now, please I hope you enjoy this epilogue. Its set in the a far far future. Seven years after Leyla and Jeremy met. So expect a LOT of changes.

Okay enough spoilers for now. There you go awesome people.

............ .

*7 years later*

"Have you checked in with security?" I ask, Mrs Gilbert, a quiet sweet old woman kind enough to have wanted to do this; to take care of the children all the way through the holidays.

"Yes," she nods vigilantly.

"And the food and present? Is there enough for everyone?" I ask her even though I made sure there was, but its always good to double check.

"Yes, ma'am, quite enough. The children shan't ever be hungry again." Mrs Gilbert says.

I smile." I know. I hope not." I say as I begin to pack the files into my briefcase.

"Let me help you, ma'am." Mrs Gilbert offers. And even though I've mentioned time and time for her to stop referring in such term, she still insists.

However, I have learnt to ignore the awkwardness of it and the fact that she is about twenty years older, so I am the one who's supposed to be calling her ma'am not the other way around.

I let her help pack the stuff I will need for next two week holiday. When every important document has been shoved in my briefcase along with packing the contents which belonged in my accessory bag, Mrs Gilbert then begins to tidy up my desk, despite my protests.

"Thank you." I reluctantly let her. And the woman just smiles warmly at me.

"I should be the one thanking you. Ever since you came here, a lot has changed and for the better too. Goldings Orphan Home hasn't been this merrier before, the excitement rallies in the children, they're very grateful."

I grin, her remark filling with much warmth inside.

Of course she speaks truth. When I was presented with this Home, I was appalled at the lack of staff, the impoverishment of the children and mostly the condition the building was in.

I started working on it instantly the next day and I didn't rest until everything was in set; until I made sure that the needs of the children we met, as well as improving the staff and the building, because then the Home could focus on the more important issue and that was aiding those poor, unfortunate children.

So to hear Mrs Gilbert's words, well she has just made my day brighter.

I know the time isn't in my hands because its almost evening and I'm expected to be home safe and sound for this Christmas eve, but I just can't yet leave without making sure everything will be set for the fortnight of my absence.