Chapter 20

The next day seems brighter despite the fact that I woke up without another presence of a body beside me.

It's scary how my body is now tuned in with his warmness being my morning clock only for it to be disappointed by his lack of presence.

I prepare myself for the day, continuing with my usual routine of showering first, packing my waitress uniform as I dress casually in skinny dark jeans and allowing myself to sneak one of Jeremy's t-shirt that is slightly baggy but still fit.

The only reason I put it on is so that I can have his smell on me the whole day.

Jeremy is so right; I have it so bad for him. I think as make my way down the stairs.

Mrs Brown greets me with her famous breakfast consisting of French bread, bacon and pancakes.

She greets me warmly, but soon leaves me to ravish her food, telling me how she will be busy today as the cleaners were coming in.

I take my leave afterwards biding her adieu as I exit the house to meet Mitch in the car. My happiness seems to be infectious as he smiles back at me.

Once insides he soon drives me to Millie's cafe where I am greeted with a foul mouthed Hilly whom I hear has recently broken up with her boyfriend, Marcus.

The man old enough to be her father.

"He lied to Hilly; he never was getting a divorce." Julie fills me in.

"What? Really?" I stare worryingly at Hilly who is currently scowling at her customer.

"But she loved him right?" I ask.

"Of course she did. It was a shock for everyone. The wife found out, she is divorcing him now, but Hilly refuses to put up with him. She might be in love with him, but she knows that his infidelity was wrong."

"Good for her. I wish I had her strength."

"Yeah...she is a tough one."

I smile secretly at her as I move away to serve a new customer.

The café isn't as busy on Mondays and so I spend most of my time messaging Jeremy and grinning recklessly at everything that comes my way.

"You know I still don't get why you are working here." Julie catches up with me behind the counter where I am secretly relishing Jeremy's face.

"I want to." I explain.

"I see that. I can only imagine his disagreement for you to be here. I bet he wants you to become a housewife or something." She laughs at her comment.

I frown at what she says. Housewife?

"Julie, I've been with him for merely two weeks or so, marriage talk is very soon."

"But you love him right?"

I smile secretly staring back at his picture.

"Yes, I do love him."

"I can tell and does he love you too?"

I sigh. "I don't know. I haven't told him yet that I do. I don't think he does."

She looks at me incredulously. "Ley, are you serious? The way he looks at you, no one will doubt he doesn't."

I smile shyly at her. "You only seen him once with me though and that was almost two weeks ago."

"Yeah but he had his eyes on you only, I don't think he even glanced at anyone else."

I grin, her words making me feel warm and gooey inside.