Chapter 15

Chapter 15

I can now understand why women feel like it's the longest minutes of their lives when they wait for the pregnancy test to show up.

Even Dr. Mason has been checking the time more often than necessary. When she finally picks the offending stick afterwards my heart does a double flip.

She stares at it for a moment and then she looks back at me in the same expression as before, not showing me an indication of difference.

"You have not ovulated yet but that doesn't mean once you ovulate you are safe from fertilisation." She tells me.

I can't help but let relief wash over me.

"I can tell by your reaction that you didn't want to be pregnant and so we should take precautions instantly."

I nod at her.

"Judging by this," she refers to the pregnancy test. "Your next period is next week."

I nod again.

"Since you're new to this, I'll give you a shot and which should be effective at the beginning of your menstrual cycle and after that I'll advise you to take these pills." She hands me a packet.

"Thank you," I thank her as she gets a shot out.

I look away immediately when she takes hold of my hand. Before I know it I feel the faint sting on my skin and then like it came, it quickly goes away.

"Remember this will be effective in a week's time, so be safe until then." She tells me as she discards the used shot somewhere in the sterile equipment from her bag.

"Okay."

After that she gets her bag onto her shoulders and gives me a friendly smile.

"It was nice meeting you Leyla, please be safe and remember if you need anything else do not hesitate to call me. I'm sure Mr Lawson has my number," she tells me just when Jeremy renters the living area.

His gaze is on me instantly as he walks towards me. His eyes are filled with concern and something more.

"Are you okay?" He asks worriedly.

I don't how my face must've looked to him but I am pretty certain I must be pale faced from the pregnancy scare.

I nod at him.

He rubs his fingers across my cheeks, his thumb stroking my lips.

"I must make leave now," Dr. Mason interrupts us.

"Thank you Dr. Mason for the short notice," Jeremy thanks her.

"Well when a hotshot billionaire badgers my fax line for an appointment, who am I to turn him down?" She says this while winking at me.

I smile mischievously at her and Jeremy chuckles.

She smiles at both of us before she exits the living room just when Hails pops up to escort her out.

I turn to Jeremy when I feel his burning gaze at my neck.

"Everything okay?" He asks.

I nod because I'm silenced by the intensity of his gaze.

"What did she say?"

"She thought I might be pregnant."

I try to ascertain his reaction.

He blanches with a frown marring his features. He swallows.

"It was just a scare. She gave me a shot and said I should start taking the pills next week at the beginning of my menstrual cycle." I tell him.