12

Pierre gasped as he woke up, sitting up in his bed.

It had been a dream..

He breathed hard, pressing a hand to his forehead.

He flinched as the door opened, revealing a concerned Masaomi.

"Ah! You've woken up!" He said, his eyes soft as he walked over, a tray of medical supplies in his hand.

Pierre nodded, shaking off the fear of the dream as his older brother came forward.

Masaomi smiled sadly at him as he sat down beside Pierre.

"Can you tell me what pushed you to jump?" He asked gently, starting to wrap Pierre's few wounds.

Pierre paused before signing to him, 'I'm sorry, brother.'

Masaomi shook his head, petting his hair back gently.

"I know that you're scared," he said softly, "I looked into your past and talked to the orphanage lady," he said, seeming to still.

"Why didn't you tell us, Pierre?" He asked softly, "the power that you have, is not a curse, it's a gift."

Pierre stiffened up, fearing that his dream would come true, and scooted away.

Masaomi shook his head, "I'm not going to do that to you, Pierre." He said.

"Things like this are really scary, I know," he said softly, touching Pierre's face gently.

Pierre sniffled, leaning into his older brothers touch. He whimpered, letting a pearl slip from his lips.

Masaomi smiled sadly, pulling Pierre into a soft hug.

"Come on," he whispered, "you're scared, but you're safe here, and we won't let anything bad happen to you."

Pierre nodded a bit, wiping his eyes and sniffling before he started to speak.

"T... Thank you," he rasped, his voice hoarse and tight.

Masaomi hummed, "you don't have to speak if you don't want to," he whispered, "you're safe here, and we'll make sure that you'll be happy here." He murmured.

Pierre gave a tight sob, holding onto Masaomi tightly, shaking and whimpering.

"I... I'm sorry.." Pierre coughed, "I'm so sorry!" He croaked, different gems falling from his lips.

Masaomi nodded a little, "you don't have to be sorry," he whispered, "you're safe. Go back to bed, I'll wake you up when I need to change your bandages, okay?" He asked softly, pushing back Pierre's hair gently and letting Pierre lay back down.

Pierre sniffled and nodded, curling up and slowly falling asleep to the feeling of Masaomi pushing his hand through his hair gently.

He was safe.

That dream would not come true.

He was safe here..