5

Pierre swallowed thickly as he sat awkwardly between two of his thirteen brothers. If he had known that he was meeting so many people, he might have prepared himself better.

Well, wasn't that a useless tactic now?

The room had been quiet, save for the TV going off in the background quietly, but nothing was on. Pierre shifted again, tapping the tips of his fingers together in a bit of a habit as the room was caked in silence.

He hadn't been introduced to all of them, in fact, he really only knew six of them at this point, and at the moment, he wasn't in the mood to socialize anytime soon.

He glanced up, feeling his face flush as he met the gaze of the brother sitting in front of him, a tall man with slicked back blonde hair and a stern blue gaze that stared at him curiously.

He looked down again, feeling nervousness well up in his stomach as he clutched tighter onto the rabbit Wataru had landed him.

"Who's this?" The man asked, his eyes narrowing a little on Pierre's form.

Pierre sunk more into his seat, staring up at the man fearfully.

"Ukyo," Pierre looked up to see Masaomi entering the room, a soft but stern look on his face.

"This is Pierre, don't be rude." Ukyo stiffened up a bit, his ears going pink in embarrassment as he looked back to Pierre who smiled shakily.

"I... I see." Ukyo said quietly, bowing lightly. "I apologize for my foolishness."

Pierre flushed pink, shaking his head and holding his hands out in front of him.

'Its okay! It's an honest mistake.' He signed quickly so that the two elder brothers could see.

Ukyo blinked softly, "you're mute?" He asked, his eyes seeming to soften as Pierre nodded, nervously tucking a piece of hair behind his ear.

Ukyo clicked his tongue, "then I'll have to catch up to you." He said, his blue eyes flashing with slight determination.

Masaomi smiled a little, giggling softly behind his hand.

"I'll catch up as well," the eldest brother said, "I'd love to have more fluent conversations with you, Pierre."

Pierre smiled, nodding a little before mouthing 'I would really like that, thank you.'

Masaomi grinned, his brown eyes brightening slightly as he perked up.

"Great!" He exclaimed, clapping his hands together lightly and giving both Pierre and Ukyo a closed-eye grin.

"Let's meet the rest of the brothers, shall we?"