1

"Pierre! Could you lend me a hand?" Pierre looked up from his book as the orphanage caretaker, Miss Moony, spoke, smiling at him while holding up a box. 

He nodded mutely and quickly got up, grabbing a box and nodding to the plump woman as he carried it to the up stairs, following her close behind. 

"And do please try not to get your Opals anywhere!" She called to him jokingly, she knew his secret. She was one of the only ones who did. 

A small smile slipped onto his face as he placed down the box and gently touched his lips, feeling the cracked skin under his fingertips, he'd have to moisturize them soon..

If he spoke, diamonds would fall into his hands, with a single whisper, Opal's would slip from his plump lips, and his yell-although it had never happened in this place- was bright and sharp rubies, and for anything else, it was Pearls, although they were rare. 

Only Miss Moony knew, she simply shrugged it off and patted his back and told him to get back to work. It wasn't much, but he loved it. 

"As long as you get a family, nothing matters weather it's good or bad!" She had said, and so nothing did.

But he really did hope for a family. 

Someone, or some people, that would love and accept him. To keep him safe.

That was all he wanted.

But that wouldn't be to soon in his mind, who would want a 5'5 teen with silvery hair and odd red eyes?

He bit his lip before letting out a soft sigh and pushing the box to the wall before venturing to his room.

A good rest would help clear his mind a bit.

As he lay on his bed, curled into a little ball, he was surrounded by moonstones by midnight with a lullaby that only he would hear.

He could never let anyone hear him.

Greed was all around him, and he swam in this ocean of silence and words begging to be pushed out.

"You cannot trap me. I am free."