8

POV Change:

Kaname stared down at Pierre. The young boy had collapsed in his arms, most likely due to all of the scented candles he had in his room.

He sighed softly, petting back the soft white hair that Pierre had, smiling a little before the facial expression turned into a light frown.

He stared at the opal that Pierre had produced. He hadn't known another Gem Speaker since one of his late customers, a young lady by the name of...

Kaname blinked. He couldn't remember.

Why couldn't he remember? Almost every client he had had, he remembered! Why not now?

He stared down at the sleeping Pierre and furrowed his eyebrows. He had to protect his new brother, there was no doubt in his mind that Pierre could be in danger should another person find out about his power.

He grit his teeth as the mere thought of someone taking Pierre away from him fluttered through his mind, and a surge of possession over the teen started to grow as well.

He sighed, rubbing his temples as Pierre shifted in his sleep, mumbling softly and gripping onto the sheets of Kaname's bed tighter.

Kaname smiled a little, shaking his head as he gently patted his head, brushing his hair away from his eyes before he gently covered Pierre's body with a thick cover, keeping him warm as Kaname rose to his feet.

He walked over to the desk on the south side of his room, taking out a few candles and some prayer beads before starting his daily ritual.

POV Change:

Over on the bed, Pierre slowly
opened his eyes, feeling his head pound briefly as he laid there, forcing himself to stay still.

What the hell had happened? He couldn't quite remember..

He blinked slowly, listening to the room around him. Kaname was at his desk, scratching away with a pen.

He must be working, Pierre thought, I better not interrupt him. I need to figure out what happened.

He quickly closed his eyes, feigning sleep as Kaname got up from his chair. His feet padded quietly on the chair, gently touching Pierre's hair, massaging a gentle hand through his hair.

"I'll protect you, little brother." He whispered, and leaned down to kiss Pierre gently on the forehead before he left the room.

As the door clicked closed, Pierre opened up his eyes, sitting up slowly and looking around.

Kaname's room was as he remembered it. It was large with candles, unlit and some smoking, smelling sticks and a few prayer beads hanging from pegs in the wall.

He slowly moved from the bed, leaving the sheets how he found them. He spotted a paper on the desk, and before he could think, he was reaching for it and reading it.

His eyes widened at the text and he covered his mouth, dropping the paper and taking a few steps back.

Tears of panic flooded his eyes as he shook his head. How could he have been so foolish?!

Kaname knew! He fucking knew!

Pierre felt his throat tighten up and turned to the door to the room, seeing the door knob twist a bit.

He bolted over, locking the door as fast as he could and pushing against it as the person outside pressed against the door. 

"Pierre?" It was Wataru.

Pierre whimpered, biting his lip and trying not to cry out. He had to leave.

It was no longer safe for him here.

He turned and ran to the window at the far end of the room. Wrenching it open, he stared down at the street below.

There was a sheer four story fall...

He swallowed thickly, crawling and standing up on the window sill before he spread his arms open wide and let himself tip forward.

He found himself falling, wind whipped around him as he turned in mid air, seeing Kaname in the window, reaching out to him in vain.

"Pierre!"