2

When Pierre woke up, it was barely three in the morning. The room was dark and cold, but he could feel small hands gently shaking him awake. 

"Ree-Ree?" A soft voice said, Angelina, said with a nervous voice, her eyes wide with fear as she looked up at him, tugging on his shirt a little. 

Angelina was a small girl, with dark blonde hair and large blue eyes that were often filled with curiosity, but now, only the remnants of fear reminded. 

Pierre blinked open his eyes and nodded, lifting up the blanket as the young girl climbed into his bed, curling up next to him, her eyes soon closing as he wrapped his arms around her fetal-positioned body gently. 

"Thank you, Ree-Ree." She said softly, curling into his chest as he played with her hair, letting the soft strands fall through his fingers as he moved it, humming a little until she began to drift off. 

Thus was a continuous cycle for the two, Angelina was often plagued with nightmares and came to the red-eyed boy for comfort. Pierre didn't mind, it often helped him to have a cuddle buddy next to him, at least for just the night. 

"Sleep well.." He said, his voice barely under a whisper, a sound that he could make without any gems leaking out, a safe word if you will. The only sound that he shared with anyone other than Mrs.Moony. 

Angelina answered by mumbling slightly in her sleep and gripping onto his shirt with her tiny hands, falling peacefully into rest while Pierre stayed up, looking at the walls for comfort, blinking his eyes to the window and smiled a little. 

He stared at the stars from out of his window, a sight that was rare for him to see, but it reminded him of a song, one that he hadn't heard for years upon years now...

One that only Angelina and himself knew, the song that had stayed with them for times again and again, through all of the roughness in their lives, and through every bad thing, it had been a beacon of light to them. 

The Jellyfish song.

He started to hum the tune, the lyrics never leaving his lips, but all that heard it knew.

This was a special song to the two of them, it helped Angelina to sleep and Pierre with his wishes for a voice. His wishes for a family. 

His scars, his heart, and his soul all seemed to be blurred in a way,they were broken.

He was broken.

And he could never be fully healed.