The day before the fight.

Chapter 16

Spending time with the Seb and Alex has been so relaxing. I almost forgot what it's like after spending so much time apart with them training the pack and my training. But I have one more person I want to spend some time with too, Kaidyn. Even with our bad start, we have became close and he has helped me train. Darren has been training by himself, to give him the opportunity to work as a trainer for the council. With Darren coming with me, they will need someone to replace him and Darren and I both think Kaidyn is the best person for the job. He has come on so much with his fighting he is close to Darren' s strength he just needs to clean up his fighting techniques a little bit and he will be ready. Darren has already told the council about him and Kaidyn is putting in a lot of work to get it. I think he still feels he needs to prove himself to his father even though he isn't around anymore.

The boys and me spent the rest of the day watching film's, laughing and talking. They didn't leave til early the next morning. I got to my room and climbed in beside Darren. His body automatically turned around and wrapped his arm's around me, this is where I feel the safest, in his arm's. I woke up early so I could spend some time with my mom, dad and Darren. I walked into the kitchen to find mom buried in old books, frantically flipping through page after page. I watched her thrown the books across the table's that didn't have whatever she is looking for.

"What are you doing mom?" I asked, making her jump.

"Faith, you scared me half to death, I didn't hear you come in" she said, holding her chest.

"I noticed, what are you looking for?" I asked walking towards her and sitting down beside her.

"I'm looking for anything that I can do so you don't have to take over the throne, but there is nothing in there stupid books" she said exasperated.

"Mom, we both know you're not going to find anything, the only way you can take over is to kill me, but we know you can't bring me back, you're only allowed to do that once" I said as I leaned into her and wrapped my arm's around her.

"I am so sorry Faith, if I was strong enough to have killed lucifer that time we wouldn't be in this situation and if that woman didn't give him his soul back either you wouldn't of had to kill him, you would of had a life here. I swear mother or not, that crazy bitch is going to be put down" Mom said.

"Mom, don't waste the day looking for answer's we won't find, let's just relax as a family while we can, where is dad?" I asked looking around.

"Em, he went to the underworld to look for more books" she replied sheepishly.

"Call him back, I don't want him to spend the day down there, wrecking grandads office to find nothing" I sighed.

"Okay, but take it easy on him, he is finding this a lot harder, you're still his baby girl, he feels he is suppose to protect you not the other way around" she smiled sadly.

"I will mom, promise" I smiled.

After a few minute's, dad shimmered into the room. I walked over to him and wrapped my arm's around him. He held me tightly and kissed the top of my head.

"I love you dad" I told him.

"I love you too, sweetie" he said, holder me tight as if I'm about to disappear in front of him. He held onto me as mum wrapped her arm's around us.

Eventually they let me go and we sat down to have breakfast when Darren came down. This is the first day in a long time that we have been able to sit down together without having to rush out to training or going to the council. It's just a pity we couldn't do it sooner instead of only realising now that our lives have been so hectic, everything we have done, has been leading to this. After dinner,  I left to find Kaidyn and walked towards the wood. I got closer to lake, I spotted him sitting on the small bridge. I took off my pumps and sat down beside him.

"Hey, you okay?" I asked him, he looks a bit upset.

"Is it true, that once you win, you have to take the throne?" he asked.

"Yeah, it's true, but it's okay" I told him.

"We have just started to get to know one another and now I'm going to lose you" he said, still not looking at me.

"You're not losing me, I will come back as often as I can, we're going to try see can we get Seb and Alex down, if they can come down, so can you, I should have the power once lucifer is killed" I said bumping my shoulder off his lightly.

"Promise me that you will fight with everything you have, you have to survive this Faith" Kaidyn asked finally looking at me, with his eyes watering.

"I promise Kaidyn, and you have to promise to give everything you have to survive and get into training with the council" I asked him.

"I promise Faith" he smiled sadly.

We sat quitely together, watching our feet sway in the water. I'm really going to miss it here, especially this place. I don't have many friend's but the one's I have, I'm going to really miss.

Eventually, we got up and walked back. This time Kaidyn is back to himself as we laughed and joked around. Walking out of the wood's, I spotted someone I never expected to see, Lucas. Kaidyn stood to his full height and glared at Lucas.

"I know I'm the last person you want to see, but I had to see you before tomorrow" Lucas said.

Kaidyn looked at me and I nodded that it's okay.

"I will see you later Faith, and you, you so much as hurt her or say anything to her, Alpha or not, I will kick your ass" Kaidyn said as he got into Lucas face.

"Don't worry, I won't" Lucas said, meeting Kaidyn eyes.

With one last smile, Kaidyn started walking towards the pack house, but not before he bumped shoulders with Lucas as he walked past him.

"What do you want Lucas, last time I saw you, you called me a slut and got your ass handed to you" I said glaring at him.

"I was out of order, I didn't have the right to call you that, or say the thing's I said that night I met you, Alex and Seb was right, I did make the biggest mistake of my life and because of that I lost you completely" he said looking into my eyes. But those eyes have no effect on me because their not Darren s.

"It worked out for the best Lucas, I could never be with someone who couldn't accept me straight away. That would always stay in the back of my mind, making me feel like I would never be good enough for you or you're pack" I told him.

"I let everyone else's opinions on you get to me before I even met you. But we had no right, it's just out of fear of knowing there is someone out there a hundred times stronger than what we could ever be. It is stupid jealously, that we let get to far and now you are the one who is going to save us. I just want you to know how sorry I am before the fight tomorrow and that I wished I had. You would have been a great luna and mate. Good luck tomorrow Faith" he said with a sad smile before he turned around and started walking away.

That was unexpected. Watching him walk away, I know even if he did accept me, it wouldn't have worked. He would never be able to leave his back to come with me to hell and I would never have expected it. He would end up in the arm's of someone else and all I would have been left with is the pain of his betrayals. Everything happens for a reason, that night was meant to happen the way it did so I could end up finding Darren.