A new friend

Chapter 11

Running laps to cool down after training, I couldn't help but smile. Finally I have managed to get enough control over my power's to make myself strong enough or even stronger to get rid of lucifer once and for all. Just as I was running near the lake I spotted someone sitting on the little bridge. I slowed down to a walk and moved towards the bridge. When I got close I realised it is Kaidyn. He didn't look up even as I walked closer to him. I kicked off my Hightops and sat down beside him, dipping my feet into the cool water.

"Hey" I said looking at the water.

"Hey" he said in a dull voice.

I could listen to his thought's, but I won't, if he wants me to know, he will tell me himself.

"Is everything okay?"I asked.

"I'm just thinking of my past and how I take the effects of my life out on people, like you" he smiled sadly.

"I don't hold it against you" I told him.

"You should, I tried to kill you twice" he spoke in a low tone.

"Yeah well you didn't get the chance to and mom already scared the Shit out of you and threatened to rip your soul out and bring it to the worst place in hell, so I think we're even on that count" I smiled.

"Yeah she is one scary woman especially when she can fulfill that threat whenever she wants" Kaidyn said with a nervous voice.

"So you should be scared of me now too, I have my powers and her powers combined so I should scare the Shit out of you too" I smiled at him as his jaw dropped.

"Are you serious, you managed to hold onto them" he asked shocked with a little bit of fear in his eyes.

"Yeah I managed to hold onto them. This means I'm strong enough to match lucifer. That's all the power I need" I said with a smile.

"Do you not get scared, your going up against lucifer and you act like it doesn't scare you. You have so much pressure on your shoulders, how do you not break" he asked genuinely wanting the know the answer.

"It does scare me, it would scare anyone. But since I found my other half, I'm not scared because I know I have someone to live for so I won't go down without a fight" I said honestly.

"You are a hell of a lot stronger than any of us, I don't think we could do what you have to do, I know I haven't been the nicest to you and I am really sorry for that. I guess I was jealous of how strong you were becoming, I didn't think you would want to talk to me or even go on a date with someone who wasn't a strong as you. That was all our fears, that you wouldn't want to talk to us so we did what we thought you were going to do, except we took it further than you would ever go. We were the ones who changed, not you. But you always stayed the same even though at times we knew we had broke you, even though it was only briefly, you still came back the same and we were all too stubborn to apologise for what we did to you and fell back into our routine of trying to break you. I wish we all did apologise " he said shocking me.

"I thought you all hated me because I was different, a mix of three supernaturals instead of one or two. I would never have stopped talking to all of you, you were my family" I said sadly.

"We knew that awhile ago but like I said too stubborn" he smiled sadly.

"How about we start afresh and be friends" I suggested.

"You want to be friend's with me, why?" he asks surprised.

"Honestly, when I got you to stand in front of me, I was testing my mom's other power out. I judged you're soul and when you judge a soul your see what their life has been like, so I know why you tried to kill me in training" I explained.

"You saw my life, everything, what judgement did you make on my soul?" he asked embarrassed.

"Yeah I did and don't feel like you always have to win to have anyone respect you, you're their warrior, they already respect you. You will be happy to hear I found your soul is pure " I smiled at him.

"Who would have thought" he laughed.

"I know, shocking I was sure you were going to burn in the pits of hell" I told him, keeping a straight face til he looked so shocked, I couldn't hold in the fits of giggles I got.

"I actually thought you were serious" he said shoving me gently with his shoulder.

"You're face was priceless" I smiled when my giggles died down.

"Friends" he smiled.

"Friends" I smiled back.

We sat for the next hour laughing, joking and even sitting in comfortable silences. I didn't think I would ever end up friend' s with Kaidyn and right now I wish all that time wasted from him fearing me didn't happen but it means more now that even though I'm stronger now he isn't holding onto stupid fears anymore. We walked back towards the way we came and separated as we left the wood's. He headed towards the pack house and I headed towards home.

"Faith, thanks for today" he smiled genuinely.

"Anytime" I smiled back.

Hopefully this is the start of everyone accepting me. If not, then I'm just glad I have one less enemy. I opened my front door and walked in to find Darren cooking and whatever he is cooking smells delicious.

"Hey gorgeous, how was your run?" he asked smiling.

"Good, I think I have made a new friend with Kaidyn" I said happily.

"He seems like a good kid, he has had it hard from what your mom said, I think she regrets threatening to rip his soul and leave him in the worst part of hell" he said.

"I thought that, she had that motherly look on her face. That look means she wants to look after him. So I say he is going to be a regular dinner guest if I know my mom" I told him.

"He is a good fighter, the council are always looking for fighter's with the potential to train other's, I think he would be perfect. Other wolves would have snapped today when you sent him flying across the field but he didn't even waiver, he stayed calm. I know that day I arrived he didn't stay calm but he has improved his attitude completely" he said turning to face me fully.

"I think you're right, he has really improved and his soul is as pure as it gets. If you want we can get him to join in with our training session's, I'm not the only one who has improved with your training, his attacks are cleaner and he barely has any weak spots now" I told him honestly.

"Are you hungery?" he asked smiling when my stomach rumbled.

"Starving" I smiled.

I walked over to him to see what he is cooking. He is making my favourite meat balls and pasta. He leaned down and captured my lips with his. I wrapped my arm's around his neck and deepened our kiss. He grabbed me by my waist and lifting me up onto the kitchen counter, never breaking our kiss. I will never get enough of him. Our bond is stronger than I could ever have expected. I feel his emotions as clearly as I feel my own. Before our kiss could lead anywhere, mom and dad came rushing in.

"There only a couple of day's aways, they have been spotted outside the town" Mom said.

"Shit, their moving quicker than we expected" Darren said.

"We need to make sure the wolves are prepared for what is coming" I told them.

"You're dad and I have just left there, Seb is going to up their training and decide who is going to protect the pack house and who is going to fight with us" Mom explained.

"I will up my training, I need to access your power as easily as I can access my own. I can't take time to concentrate on using them, I will only get other's and myself killed" I told them.

"I will help you sweetheart, we can train together, Darren will you help Seb work out a few area's some of the wolves are struggling in" Mom asked.

"No problem, I will see if Kaidyn will help me aswell, he has great potential" Darren said.

Watching all of them organise what to do next, I couldn't help put feel a little sick. After this fight I could end up stuck with Lucifer' s throne. I'm praying I can kill him before he gets his soul back otherwise I'm screwed.