Silence by princesssharley

I saw a review on wattpad on this story, the reviewer gave it a 5/5 I thought I would give it a read. 

Well I can tell you I wont be giving it a 5/5. The story is about a girl Oakley who stopped talking when she was 5, no one knows why. She is now 15. Her neighbor and best friend is Cole. Cole has been there from the beginning and he doesnt know why she stopped talking either. The POV is from Oakley and you hear her thoughts so you know what she is thinking. The writer pretty much writes about the romance between Cole and Oakley. It does get pretty boring reading about their dates and where he takes her, they are constantly telling each other "I love you" (well she does with her eyes). You start to wonder if you will ever know what happened to her. I read the comments and the readers keep asking but the writer doesnt want to tell "yet" which leaves you to keep reading about their dates. 

I will be honest I quickly scanned through some of the chapters till I got to the end chapters where the story picks up a bit. 

There are some chapters from Coles POV which I found WAY to feminine to be from a guys real POV. Its like she wrote what she really wished guys thought or she just wrote from her POV with out thinking its suppose to be from a guy. In fact as I read the chapter I would forget it was from Coles POV and had to go back to the beginning to see who was talking because I was getting confused. It was the same style of writing from Oakleys POV to Coles POV. 

You have to wait till the epilogue to find out why she doesnt talk then of course you have to read the next book to see what happens. I felt when she told us her big secret, I wasnt surprised I figured she would write something very tramatic. It just didnt seem very realisitc to me. Maybe it wasnt suppose to be. Maybe its just a romance novel with a bit of drama and a happy ending. In any case, it wasnt one of my favorite stories.