Chapter 11

Carmen P.O.V

*1 year later*

"Daniel can you go make Crissy some milk, I'm tired ." I said sluggishly nudging him to get his attention while listening to her wail and cry. She was only a year old so she still keeps me up all night.

"Babe, I just got in from the studio, I'm tired too, ya know." He sounded like he had an attitude but I didn't feel like snapping on him right now, im too exhausted. I felt Daniel shift off the bed and he slowly made his way to the kitchen.

I know what ya'll are thinking. Where the hell is Chresanto ? But as you can see he's not in my life or his child's. We pretty much fell off with communication, he wanted to take a different route in life and fulfill his dreams, so I wasn't going to hold him back. Daniel and I are sorta dating, but for the most part he's being a father figure to Crissy since Chres didn't care to be. I'm pretty sure he forgot I ever existed, of course it hurts to think about it, but I don't really try to. With all these thoughts racing through my mind, it soon became morning.

"good morning baby" I said reaching an empty side of the bed. Daniel was gone, again. Something I've grown used to now but I'm not going to sweat it right now. I hopped outta bed in my t-shirt that stopped at my mid- thigh and headed to check on mamma's lil baby in the next room.

"Hey mama's baby " I said grinning at Crissy as her face lit up with her chubby cheeks. I picked her up and proceeded to change her stinky diaper. While doing so, I discovered I was low on her wipes and baby powder so I knew I would have to take a trip to Wally World (wal-mart) today. I sat her in the crib as she was distracted by toys so I could go hop in the shower and put on clothes.

I decided to go with a relaxed look today so I put on a crop top, ripped up jeans, and my red doc martens. After finishing my classes online for college,I got my degree to be a journalist, now I write for the newspaper. I was beginning to become happy with my life and I was finally about to purchase my range rover I always wanted. All by myself. I don't need any help.

I dressed Crissy and headed out to the car, making sure I buckled her up properly. While driving to Wal-Mart you know I had to put some Drake on because he gives me absolute life. That will forever be my favorite rapper. I sung along to "Own It' as his smooth voice came through the speakers"

You're still the one that I adore
Ain't much out there to have feelings for
Guess whose it is? Guess whose it is?
Yours
A few bottles on the table, a few waters
It ain't a secret, baby, everybody saw us
Guess whose it is? Guess whose it is?
Guess whose it is?
It's yours

I entered Wal-Mart putting Crissy in the front of the cart and she laughed reaching out to touch my nose. While going down the ailes to pick up my items, I noticed how packed the store really was. With my hair up in this lazy bun with curls flying everywhere, id didn't really want anyone to see me, but of course I'm always the one to jinx myself.

Chresanto P.O.V

I was in Wal-Mart getting food to fix my baby Marissa when I got back home. I forgot to stock up and I know she would be fussing if I didn't feed her. As I made my way down the pancake mix aisle, I couldn't help but notice this girl with an ass full of plumpness reaching up but failing to grab a box of pancake mix. There was a really cute baby in her cart starring at me with big brown beautiful eyes and frizzy curly hair all over her head. I approached her extending my arm and grabbing the mix for her. She immediately turned around smiling that was until our eyes met and it disappeared.

"Carmen ..?'

"Hi Chresanto" She said looking over at the baby and grabbing her cart."

"Uhm .. hey how you been?" I said scratching my head truly astonished at how her beauty increased drastically, not that she wasn't pretty before, but now she was gorgeous and that ass .. may I add.

"I'm fine .. how are you?" she sounded like she it was hurting her to talk to me because she never once made eye contact.

"I'm good now .." I replied hoping I could earn a smile from her, but it was a fail.

"Okay nice seeing you then" she said turning on her heel to leave but I caught up to her before she could.

"Wait, I just want to say sorry, I was being childish and I've should've been there for my child instead of running away from my fears. "Is this her?" I said referring to the bubbly baby smiling in the cart.

"Yes, this is Cristal, your daughter" she mumbled the last part as if she was aggravated by my sudden question.

I picked her up and held her as she almost immediately clamped her arms around my neck, starring up at me with those beautiful brown eyes that she obviously inherited from me. As i looked down at her, i realized how much time I've thrown away forgetting about Carmen and my child. Part of me wanted to be there and not just for my daughter but Carmen too . I was such in deep thought i didn't feel the tear trickle down my cheek, i quickly wiped it and prepared myself for a lash out by Carmen.

"I want it all back, I fucked up in the past but I miss you baby" I said gazing at her.

"Chresanto I'm not your baby, so let's not use that term anymore and besides you had your chance and you blew it so as I'm concerned i don't need your bullshit anymore."

"Carmen .. please . I'm begging you, I want to be in my child's life, I want to be in yours. Just let me love you again. I know this was all happening so sudden in the middle of a store on a food aisle but I had to express how I felt before I never saw her again.

"You and I will never be again, but you can be there for Cristal," she slipped her number while giving me a look of sympathy and walking away in the opposite direction.

She may be walking away right now, but I'll get her back, it's not the first and it may not be the last but I know I'm in love with her and I'll never let her go ..Ever .

There it is folks ! Your Chapter 11 .. I finally got to it :)

Please comment and vote, i could use your wonderful feedback and thank you to those voting and those posting comments. I really appreciate you and my consistent readers also, Love ya'll !!

-Kourtney

+5 comments

+5 votes