Chapter 12

Hi!!

Thank you so much to everyone who has voted and commented on this story. I have probably said this before but the comments and votes keeps me writing (and puts a very big smile on my face LOL) 

If anyone fancies taking some time to make me a banner for this story then I would love you forever :) 

Oh check out the banner on the side made by me and the song 'Make Me Wanna Die' by The Pretty Reckless >>>>>>>>>>>

....................................................

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED 2012

I groaned heavily and closed my eyes tightly to supress the urge to scream. The marching band played on loudly in my head and slowly I could begin to smell the remains of last night, in the fibres of my clothes.

All I wanted was a hot shower, a smoke and then to sleep for all eternity.

I opened my eyes and sighed when I saw the angry glow in Jakes eyes. “Where the hell have you been?”

My mouth opened to answer his question when Ella scrunched her nose “god you stink! Have you spent the night in a hell hole?”

I smiled “well if hell serves cheaply priced alcohol that tastes so dam good, then I suppose I did”.

Jake tightly folded his arms while Aaron tried to contain his laughter. My smile widened at the mischievous glow in his eyes.  I had to admit Aaron was very handsome and the urge to run my fingers over his smooth skin, through his pure black hair and kiss his ever so plump peach lips was driving me insane. Aaron seemed to notice and as he tucked his hands into his jean pockets, our eyes met and the pure attraction was instant.

“Erika, I’m talking to you!” Jake’s voice pulled me away from Aaron’s eyes and back to the world I didn’t want to be in. I slightly shook myself and glared when I noticed the smug smile that lit Aaron’s face.  

“Look Jake, as Ella so gently put it I stink and that’s because I was out all night getting absolutely hammered. I met a couple of guys, got their numbers” I gestured to the ink on my arm “and if they are really lucky or if I’m bored then I just might give them a call”.

The moment I saw the pure shock and outrage light my father’s; I knew he was going to come down hard.

But so was I.

He came forward and tightly grabbed my wrist, twisting me to face him. With me still standing on the first step, our eyes were level and I could literally feel the vibrations of anger reflect of us both.

My pulse raced and my body temperature grew, Jake was holding me in a way I didn’t like and I would only give him one chance to let go.

“Erika, while you are living under this roof you will listen to my rules. You will not be drinking, staying out late and you will most certainly not be calling any men that you met in a bar… do you understand?”

I had to give him some credit, his words were clear and strong and even I could hear and feel the undertone of control… but I was Erika Harley and never let anyone tell me what do; especially the man that had walked out on me and my mother.

“Let go” I said very clearly and gently pulled my captured wrist, but still Jake held on tight.

“No Erika… do you understand the rules?”

I smiled “nope” then quickly, I grabbed his shoulder with my free hand and drove my knee up into his groin. The impact was quick and hard, sending Jake to the ground who shouted out in pain over his damaged family jewels.

Sophie screamed, while flapping around like a chicken until she and Ella finally ran over to help. I smiled at the image "I did tell him to let go" then I turned around and headed up the stairs. Suddenly my body felt warm and tingly and when I glanced back I caught Aaron staring at me with hot eyes. I stood still for a moment and allowed his eyes to seep into me before Aaron smiled and winked. The smile that lit my face in response was instant and I didn’t regret it.

As I lay on the bed wearing a tank and booty shorts, with freshly washed and dried hair and a cigarette in my mouth I began to think about last night and the offer Alyssa had made me. I liked stealing cars and I was very good at it but a part of me didn’t feel like getting back into it. The last car I had stolen and moved landed me in juvie but that was very long story and thinking about it made anger course through me.

My phone buzzed on the table and when I answered it Alyssa’s voice drifted through the receiver “how are we feeling?”

I took a drag from my cigarette and lightly blew the smoke out into the room “much better, thanks to hot water and nicotine”.

She laughed and even I had heard the sound before, it still slightly unnerved me. The sound was fake and cold, like she knew something the world would be too afraid to find out about.

“Now I didn’t take you as a smoker”.

“Oh I love my smokes. Couldn’t live without them”. I took one last drag and crushed the remains in the ash tray “smoking kills”.

“Life kills but doesn’t stop me from living it” and that motto was something I always tried to love by. I refuse to be one of those people who look before leaping and thinking before acting. When I’m older I want to look back on my life with no regrets and say that I did everything I wanted… including smoking which was only a tiny mark on my life list. 

“So Alyssa, what can I do for you?”

“Well, I spoke to my boss and he is willing to meet with you and discuss the terms of your employment”.

I lay back on my bed and smiled “this is stupid. How about we keep it really simple like I meet the boss, he tells me what cars he wants, I get them for him and then he pays me. Simple”.

She made the sound of someone being irritated but I just kept on smiling and fighting the urge to tell her how much she was beginning to bore me. “Erika, my boss is a very important man and we do things a little different that to what your used too. Call us more organised and civilised”.

I squeezed the phone “yeah and don’t insult me because the less organised people, as you so gently put it make people like you rich. I will meet your boss but I will do it under my terms. Call me when you’re ready”. Then without hesitation I hung up on her.