Chapter 11

Hiya!!!!

Thanks to everyone that voted and comment - its what keeps me and this story going =-) 

 (Sorry for any mistakes but I haven't edited yet) 

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED 2012

...........................................

“I’m good at many things, so you’re going to have to be more spacific”.

She laughed and the sound was neither kind nor cruel and I had a moments respect for this woman. “I meant your talent in stealing cars”.

“Ah, that amazing talent. Well Miss Frost if you want a car stealing then I’m your girl”.  My fingers itched to cling to the steering wheel of car, to feel the sheer power under my control that I had taken without asking…. Pure joy.

“Good. But first we will drink and then we’ll talk business” Alyssa said as she gestured to two empty bar stools. I smiled and took the seat beside her “so Erika, what will it be?”

“I’ll have a jack and coke”. She raised her eyebrow in amusement to my choice; I just shrugged and allowed her to order her drink, which was a simple bottle of beer.

A small glass containing my sweet smelling Jack and coke was place in front of me and came complete with a small red straw.  I winked at the bar tender who smiled in response before giving Alyssa her drink and continuing to serve other customers.

I lifted the glass and sipped the alcohol through the straw, all the while watching Alyssa. Her posture as she sat in the chair was relaxed and confident, liked she owned the place and I had no doubt that she did. She tousled her full fringe before turning towards me “so my employee requires your talents in stealing a couple of high end cars”.

I took one more sip before placing the cup back on the bar “and your employer is?”

“I’m afraid he would like to remain anonymous”.

I shook my head and smiled sarcastically “I’m afraid I don’t do business with ghosts”. I had learnt the hard way that usually someone who wants to hide in the shadows usually meant trouble.  Alyssa splayed with her beer bottle while speaking “I told them you would say that, especially what it cost you in the past”.

I tensed and my eyes hardened “yeah and if you know what’s good you will leave the past in the past”. She smiled and nodded “very well but I will have to make a few calls. Ask a few people”.

I threw back the last of my Jack and coke “very well, but I’m bored now so let’s get drunk”.

She raised her hand to signal the bar tender “line of shots over here”.

And when I say we got drunk I mean we got absolutely smashed!!!!!!

……………

The following morning I awoke with what only felt like someone smashing my head against the wall, while my brain was being squeezed within an inch of its life. I clenched my eyes closed when the natural sunlight caused a painful burn to radiate behind the sockets.

I shuffled slowly under the duvet to test my body, but slammed my hand over my mouth when the movement caused vomit to make itself known. Without another thought I leapt out of bed despite the movement increasing the pounding in my head. I caught the sight of an en-suite bathroom and took off to empty my stomach down the toilet.

I didn’t know how long I sat on the cold bathroom being sick. At one point I thought the torture I was being put through had ended but shockingly my body found more to throw up till I was painfully retching.  

“You ok?” I jumped from pure shock and spun away from the toilet to look at Alyssa, who was wearing a smile and very skimpy black shorts and tank top that she obviously worn to bed.  In her right hand she was holding a cup of coffee that filled the bathroom with its rich sent, and in her left was a tall glass of water.

“Why is it that I feel like hell and probably look like hell, and you look positively glowing?” She laughed before bending down to my level and passing me the water “I didn’t drink as much as you and I have work in an hour”.

I scoffed and then happily drank the entire contents of the glass. The cool water soothed my burning throat and calmed the fire in my stomach, but as for the headache it still pounded like a marching band.

“You don’t by any chance have any aspirin?”

She shook her head “no and I’m really sorry. But there is food on the table and I will call you taxi after”.

I passed her the glass back “thanks” then leant back on the cool wall surface “by the way, where am’I?”

“My place because you were too drunk to walk let alone tell me the name of your street.”

Embarrassment swelled inside my stomach but the devil on my shoulder told me that bad things happen when you’re having a good time. “I didn’t do anything stupid did I?”

Alyssa sat down beside of me and sipped her coffee “you made out with a couple of very cute guys, who by the way left you there number on your left arm”. 

My eyes widened “what?” and when I looked down at my arm, there in bold black pen where three guys names Paul, Chris and David all with the mobile numbers. I laughed out loud but cut it short when the marching band proceeded to get louder and more painful within my head. I groaned and closed my eyes “I think I’m dying and there are so many things I haven’t done yet”.

Alyssa laughed “right anyway come and eat something.. oh and before I foget I used all the hot water”.

With a loud groan and a mumble I allowed her to drag me out of the bathroom, towards her kitchen.

After a very hearty breakfast Alyssa placed me in a cab and told me she would be in touch. I thanked her for a great night that I couldn’t remember but was still feeling the effects of. As the cab drove I closed my eyes and tried to block out all sounds that irritated the hell out of my hangover.

With a sudden thought I dragged my phone out of my pocket and saw that I had twenty missed calls from Jake. I sighed knowing I was going to be in deep trouble but not having the energy to care brought on a haze of sleepiness.

“Wake up Miss”. I shot awake and looked at the face of a very irritated driver. I looked out the window to see my new home before handing him the cab fare.

I opened the door and stepped out into the bright sunlight that burned my eyes. “Oh by the way may I suggest you getting a shower because you stink” the driver spoke with a very smug smile.  

I raised him the middle finger and the roughly slammed his door.

After angrily watching him drive off, I walked towards the front door but each step I took seemed to be a step towards trouble. I slipped the key into the lock and silently opened the door, peaking through the gap to check for any movement.

The hall was empty and the house seemed quiet, so taking that as my cue to get to my room as fast as I could I stepped in and closed the door. However as I placed on foot on the first step a voice called out “you miss are in so much trouble”.

I turned and there was Jake standing with Sophie, Aaron and Ella.

“Great” and right there I wished for them all to be sucked down into a deep black hole… especially Sophie.