Chapter Forty Six

(1 year later)

Jason's P.O.V

"Good morning Soldier," I smile at the little boy who tries to run over to me as I sit on the couch.

I reach my hands out and lift him into my arms so I can bring him to my chest.

"Where were you trying to go? Huh? What are you running for?" I ask him as if he'd respond.

"Dada!" He babbled as he patted my face and squealed excitedly, I laugh and place multiple kisses to his chubby cheeks.

He relaxed in my embrace and laid his head on my shoulder as he tried to squirm up my body.

I laugh loudly and hold his bottom so he can be able to snuggle himself in the crook of my neck like he always does.

I stroke his soft hazel hair carefully and placed a kiss to his temple.

"You're just my sweet boy, huh? You wouldn't hurt a fly." And I knew it was true, Xander was the quietest of any of the babies I've ever met, he never cried or fussed, he would just fidget when he was hungry or wanted to be held.

But he did have his moments, I wasn't going to lie.

He always seemed to be off somewhere, always trying to do something he was too little for.

I can't count how many times we've caught him climbing out of his crib at such a young age or trying to climb the cabinets, chairs, tables, or any other furniture.

He also loved to bang on buckets.

Anytime I caught him, he was always hitting buckets, pans, seats of chairs, tables, and just anything he could get his hand on, as if he was drumming.

Sound familiar?

"Daddy! Jr said I was ugly!" Jazzy came running into the living room with Jr hot on her heels.

"Because she called me dumb!" He tried to defend himself when I gave him a look.

"Well you're clearly dumb if you think I'm ugly!" Jazzy said sassily and flipped her hair.

I bite the inside of my cheek to hide my laughter.

"Jazzy.. do you believe your ugly?" I ask her.

She shakes her head slowly.

"Good, because your not. You are one of the prettiest little girls I know princess, along with your sister and your mom."

Yup, Jazzy and Camilla call Ava their mother now.

She smiled and stuck her tongue out at her brother before running off to God knows where.

I look over at Jr and tilt my head at him.

"Don't call your sisters ugly man, you know how sensitive girls can get." I whisper the last part playfully to him.

"I-I'm not s-sensitive d-daddy!" Camilla comes up to the couch and lays her head on my stomach.

"Oh.. of course not baby girl, not at all." I widen my eyes at Jr and silently nod my head at him so Camilla couldn't see me.

He giggled before running off as well.

I chuckle and look down at my little girl.