Chapter Thirty One

Avalanna's P.O.V

Silence.

That's all there was as we all sat in the living room quietly.

Silence.

It was so quiet you could literally hear a mouse run across the floor or a pin drop. All that was heard were silent breaths that escaped from some of us every now and then.

Except Jason.

Jason seemed like he wasn't breathing at all. He stared straight ahead, both of his elbows resting on his knees, his chin resting in his hands, and he was slightly hunched over. "Her name was Camilla." His raspy hoarse voice broke the silence after what felt like an eternity. I raise my eyebrows. "W-who?" I ask him. His eyes don't even meet mine when he answers. "M-my daughter. J-Jazzy's sister." He stuttered uncomfortably. "I-isn't that a pretty name?" He smiled lightly to himself but out of no where I see a small splash of water hit the tiled marble floor.

His tear.

"I-I don't know why it happened though." He sobbed. "I don't know why I didn't know- I- she- Beatrice died. She died when she gave birth to Jazzy, she was supposed to be dead." His sobs make me squirm uncomfortably, making me wish it was me upstairs taking a nap instead of Jason Jr. I didn't know how to handle emotions like this. Like Jay Jay's. "Beatrice was Jazzy's mother... and Camilla's. She was my first love.. or so I thought. We would argue all the time and we could never agree on anything. We were just stupid teenagers. I was sixteen. We.. did it one night and about three weeks later we found out she was pregnant." He took in a deep breath. "She was so scared. Hell, I was scared too but I kinda just knew I had to deal with it. I knew I had to suffer the consequences of my actions like my mom had always told me. So I did. The whole pregnancy though, she was nothing but complains and complains. She didn't even want the baby. She kept saying she'll get an abortion but I told her she wasn't about to kill my child. I s-said as soon as she gave birth, I'll take the baby and she'll never have to see her or me again. She only used the baby as an attention seeker from all her friends and the whole high school we went to. I was disgusted. Then the time came for her to give birth, she pushed Jazzy out and all I know was that when they were cleaning her up they rushed me and Jazzy out the room. They came out like an hour later and just told me that Beatrice had died giving birth." His body shook as he told his story. "I'm so sorry for keeping this a secret! I- I just wanted what was best for Jazmyn. So my mom took her in and helped me out with her and then I decided to just leave because I started to get more and more into the gang and I didn't want my mom to keep looking at me with the same disappointing look every time I walked in through the door really late at night. So I took Jazzy to Rachel's house and Rachel took her in for me. We raised Jazzy to think that Rachel was her sister and I was her brother." He finished. "W-what about your mom now?" I ask him timidly. His jaw clenched as he tried to fight back more tears. "I haven't seen her since I left with Jazzy, about seven years." He whispered. My eyes widen. "Jay Jay b-but you need to g-" he cuts me off. "Jazzy still goes and visits her with Rachel and sometimes my mom will come over here for a visit, I just can't see my mom right now. Not like this. I already have way too much on my plate and now Jazzy fucking hates my guts. She hasn't come out of her room since I've told her and she won't talk to me," he pauses to let a sob escape his mouth. "I used to be the only one she talked to when she was like this, the only one she could trust. Now I'm the one who put her in this position and she doesn't even want to hear it." He cried.

I got up, having enough of all of this crying from him, I really couldn't take it anymore. I climb into his lap, forcing myself on top of him and nuzzling my face into his neck and let him grab a hold of me tightly. "It's okay Jay Jay, I- I make you feel better, yes?" I ask him desperately wanting to make him happy again. "N-not right now baby girl," he whispered sadly and goes to get me off his lap but I whine loudly. "P-please Jay Jay? Um- we- we can play games or go s-swimming? Yes? W-we can m-make cookies?" I ramble on an on about all the activities we can do. "How about we just cuddle, aye? Go put in whatever movie you want." He mumbles and gently pushes me up to pick a movie. I bite my lip and watch him lay down on the couch, his face puffy and his eyes red and bloodshot, along with bags under his eyes from not sleeping at all last night. I quickly pick one of the first movies I can find which is 'Despicable Me' and scramble back to Jay Jay quickly and lay gently beside him. I grab his arm and drape it around my body and huff when I bring the blanket over the both of us right when the movie begins to start. Jay's Jay's hands ever so slowly make their way to my tummy protectively and he rubs small circles into my bare skin with his thumbs. The whole movie is filled with Jay Jay sniffling and his hot tears hitting my neck of the small sound of the thud hitting the couch pillow we were both laying on.

We were just a small broken family that needed to be fixed.

******

The doorbell rings about three hours later and I get up to get it, Jason watching me carefully. I open the door only to see no one there. I furrow my eyebrows and look all around before looking down and seeing an envelope there. I pick it up and look around again before closing the door and making my way back over to Jason. "Who was it?" He asks sleepily. "N-nobody but there's letter." I mumble and play with it. He furrows his eyebrows and holds his hands out to it. "Let me see." He mutters and I hand it to him and watch him open it slowly. I watch him read over it before nothing but pure rage takes over his now dark eyes that were normally a beautiful hazel color. He looked scary right now. Not like my Jay Jay.

He looked just like he did that night.

I instantly back away when he jumps up from the couch, throwing his shoes on and pushing the whole couch to the opposite wall. I scream out in fear and memories hitting my brain like a ton of bricks. He grabs his keys and throws on a hoodie before going to the door and going to step out. "W- where are you going Jay Jay?" I ask him quietly. He turns to look at me. His face was angry yet he has hot tears in his eyes, one slipping down his cheek.

He then leaves the house without looking back

So what did y'all think??

Let me know and please please vote and comment and let me know if you wanna see something happen in the future and what you wanna see more/less of.

Thanks so much for reading !!

~Jazmine 💖✨

60 comments for next chapter