chapter 24 - This time I'll be sweeter!

Have uploaded chapter 24 earlier as I expected! I was really planning uploading after one month. Kidding! Please also read Rolling in the Deep! J

 ======================================================================

Auric’s POV

Well, last night was the first night I ever sleep without the uneasiness. For weeks, I spent times working so hard to make me into sleep. I even took some of my mom’s sleeping pills. It didn’t help but luckily, I did not overdoze. And now, waking up smiling because the first thing that comes to my mind was the person I can’t wait to see. I tidied my bed hurriedly but not hastily and hummed a morning song all the way down to the kitchen.

My mom can’t help noticing the blissful aura I’m radiating. She finally can’t hold back, and asked me the reason why.

“You look blooming as early as 5 am! What are you into?”

I was trying not to smile but the more I tried the redder my face appeared, so I walked towards her like I’m teasing and gave her the hug of a child who suddenly got a sweet dejavu shortly after she embraced me back.

“I’m making cupcakes for my boyfriend! Can you help me out mom? And I’m sorry for last night.”

“ Everything’s alright now, dear. And of course, I can help you out! I’ll watch you bake along the way.”

“Well, aren’t you going to have a hands-on? You’re just gonna look for the whole time being?” I asked, looking up to her, still not breaking the embrace.

She looked back at me, touched my nose and said,

“Since you’ll be doing a cupcake for your boyfriend, that’s the farthest I can go. Beyond that, it’s up to you. So, shall we start then?”

I nodded in agreement.

After we finished for more or less, an hour of baking, we came up with a handsome cupcakes enough for him and my friends. I know, I have to deal with them too. The flour that gotten on my hair and face, the egg white that felt slimy between my toes were but few things to attest that I worked hard for this. I’m so proud of myself. And I can’t wait to wash off.

This time I want to feel fresh and simple. Not just to feel, but also to look one. So I passed for the eyeliner, wore a comfortable olive shirt, my favorite acid-wash jeans, and I’m good to go. For the second time around, almost everyone inside the campus was looking at me differently…this time in a good way. I remember looking back at them when I was wearing black from head to toe. They were like ‘what happened?’ But now, it’s like, ‘What a breath of fresh air!’ Aside from noticing I wasn’t wearing an eyeliner, they also noticed the paper bag I’m holding carefully. It’s not like I’m carrying a bomb inside the school, I just want to make sure it won’t come out totally fucked up.

I haven’t seen much of my friends these past weeks. I know. It’s my fault. But I also know they still sit at our usual table in the canteen. So now it’s my second class and I was like beyond ready to go out for the last couple minutes. In fact, I wasn’t paying attention anymore to my classmate in the platform talking about global warming and stuffs like that. The ticking of the clock sounds suddenly  more interesting.

Like Road Runner, I was at the canteen, in our table, in a flash. I arranged four cupcakes in place and after a few minutes of waiting, there I saw Lisa, Roy, Kate and Carl walking to my direction, but looked obviously hesitant.

Before they even think on leaving and finding another table, I stood up and approach them.

“Wait guys! Please stay.” And now my throat dried up. I invited them to take a seat respectively and to the point of begging. Oh my gosh! They’re looking at the cupcakes! Yay!