Chapter 6

Correction for the previous chapters: Auric’s cat is named Otley (Chapter 3), Jermaine was not the one who’s about to cry, it was Auric (Chapter 5).Sorry for the misspelled words and grammatical errors. And, sorry if the font styles recently were not uniform. I don’t know how to change that.

Sorry. I’m a liar. I told you I was gonna upload that long but here’s the chapter 6!? Maybe I was just inspired to see hundreds of reads.And now, I was thinking, would I be more inspired to upload perhaps after you read this chapter if I get more reads? XD This chapter deals with the intramurals/ quizzes. Let’s see what will happen, shall we? By the way, the pic is of Auric and the song is called WooHoo by Xtina ft. Nicki Minaj.

When Auric got inside the campus, he saw how busy everybody is decorating the walls, giving flyers, hanging paraphernalias saying, “ INTRAMURALS 2011”

“Oh yeah! How can I forgot that this is our intrams day?” He muttered.

He answered himself, I must have been thinking more bout the quizzes than this.

Oh my god! The quizzes!

And by that, he quickly run upstairs only to see he’s late for the Trigo quiz. He was expecting Jermaine will be there but he only see Mrs. Stuart in her civilian clothing. She handed the stapled papers to Auric and reminded them,

“This test was made by Jermaine. He is not around to prepare for the swimming contest this midnoon so all questions are entertained by me.”

It’s hard.

The part 1 of the quiz covers objective type of questions and definitions; part 2 covers problem solving.

Well at least, I know something about the part 1!? He thought but he obviously wants to kill Jermaine for making the quiz harder than what Mrs. Stuart usually gives.

When he was finished, he goes down one floor lower  to enter the World History class. Mrs. Cook was neither glad nor mad to see him- taking a deep breath. She let him enter her class.

“Put away all unnecessary things on top of your desks. We’re having a pop quiz.”

Oh crap. That jerk wasn’t joking.

He scanned the papers and it deals primarily on the previous lesson plus ancient gods and goddesses.

You know if this pop quiz is literally all about Pop songs and singers, no doubt I can ace this because hell  I know Rihanna, Lady Gaga and Britney Spears.

He went on answering the tests still even though he only knows primarily three freaking gods- Medusa, Aphrodite and Apollo. Auric was cursing the jerk in his mind for making the quizzes hard. He walked out the classroom as soon as he’s done and went to the cafeteria to cool down from that hot-heading encounter. He ordered a vanilla ice cream and roam the campus.

The main point of attraction is the torch lighting ceremony.By the time the torch light up the big bowl which he forgot what it’s called like, the crowd cheer and the booths around the playfield officially opened. Somehow, Auric choose to see Jermaine in the gym first than observing the many booths he is now surrounded by.

When Auric went inside he thought the competition has already started. He saw Jermaine in the fourth place as of the second set. This is the final competition where all four year levels have to compete. Basing from the hyperactive and noisy mob, Auric thought they want to win the senior guy which of course is leading.

That’s when Auric cheered Jermaine. But it’s not the typical cheer the swimmer wants to hear in order to boost his esteem.

“What are you doing twerp!? Is that all you’ve got! I thought you said you’re a great swimmer! Who are you fooling, fool!? I still have grudges on you bout the quizzes you’ve made jerk! C’mon move it!” He even grab the prop someone is holding, coiled it around and use it as a megaphone for emphasis.