Chapter 37

Chapter 37

I thought about going after Alex but frankly I didn't have the energy to do so. I decide to wait till in the morning. I pulled back the sheets on my bed then climbed in. I rubbed a bit of moisturizer on my belly to help prevent me from getting stretch marks. Sleep claimed me in an instant.

I woke up to a warm body beside me. I opened my eyes to see Xander snuggled into my front. His leg across my belly and his face resting on my breasts.

A perfect way to wake up if you ask me. I yawned then stretch out my legs to get rid of all the tingles.

"Morning baby." I kissed him on top of his head. He snuggled in closer unwilling to wake up.

I managed to detangle him from my body to get showered and dressed. I ran a bath for Xander afterwards.

"Rise and shine. It morning time." I said as I took the sheets off him. He was up in a shock. All the warmth gone.

"Mum." he moaned rubbing his eyes.

I chuckled and then held out a bath towel thinking that I am more like my mother I than thought.

I gave Xander a hot bubble bath, splashing him with bubbles and rubbing them in his hair. When we were done the whole room was a mess. Tucking him under my arm I walked back to the bedroom to get him dried and ready for breakfast.

I did not expect to see Alex for breakfast as we had been avoiding each other for the past week. Every time I had taken breakfast he was not there. However as I came down with Xander I saw him pick up his plate and was about to leave.

"You don't have to leave on my account." I told him as I sat Xander down at the table. I pushed his chair in and got him a bowl of cereal for breakfast.

"I lost my appetite." Alex said with a dead face.

I walked up close to him to put my hand on his arm as he was washing up his plate. "We need to talk. I need to explain a couple of things to you."

"There is nothing to explain." He carried on washing up without even glimpsing up at me.

"Because I did not let you explain your going to offer me the same treatment." I Huffed. "Alex don't you think it is time for the cycle to be broken. We need to take time to clear the air. No more secrets so we can move on."

He stilled in what he was doing. I wrapped my arms around his waist from behind then gave him a peck on the back of his neck.

"Just take time to think about it yeah?" I offered.

I left him to take my breakfast with Xander. I made sure he finished all his breakfast before sending him off to his studies.

I was making my way outside to do some herb gardening when I ran in to Tina. She was dressed in a nice floor length gown. Looking her best even though she has nowhere to go.

"Excuse me." I said as she was blocking my way to go outside.

She ignored me to say. "I'm heard there is a new Beta position opening,"

"Yes, There is." I confirmed no point in lying the pack would find out sooner rather than later and Tina seemed to have her ears on the backs of many doors.

"I want you to put my mate forward for the position with the Alpha." She ordered.

"I don't know if you understand or too stupid to get it through your head. I do not make those decisions. I cannot help your mate; it's the Alpha that you need to speak to. Not me." I made my way to push through her but she grabbed my arm.