Chapter 25

Chapter 25

Seb started to shake more uncontrollably. I didn't know if the Alpha was doing it on purpose or not but he lifted my hair to the side to show the pack the love bites he gave me. It wasn't a full mate mark yet.  He would have to wait till the baby born. The body goes through a bit of a change when you are bitten so it is advised to wait.

I know once I am bitten and fully claimed by the Alpha any feeling that I would of had to Sebastian would disappear. Me and my wolf would be joined as one to the Alpha.

"Sebastian." I heard Jessica say worriedly. "What's the matter?"

Everyone turned around to look at the beta. He looked like he was about to shift. The Alpha barked out orders for Seb to be forcefully taken away. People parted like the Red Sea to allow them to pass.

Seb let out a growl and tried to take three of them on. He punched one in the face while the other one manage to grab his arm. He created so much of a resistance that the Alpha was about to step down however the first one that he punched hit over the head.

This gave them vital time to restrain him and take him outside. Jessica holding her bump was crying. The other ladies comforting her as they followed the men.

The Alpha took my hand and guided me back up the stairs to my room.  He closed the door behind us to offer us some privacy.

"I had a feeling this might happen." Alexander started. He seemed so calm about the whole situation while I was just at a lost.

I keep telling myself I made the right decision but something within me is drawn to my soul mate.

"Remember to keep to the story." He carried on. "Bass might ask you about the baby. If you tell him the truth things might get a lot complicated especially before the claiming."

"What?" I questioned. "You mean he might have chosen me if I told him about the baby." A little bit of hope gathered inside me. As soon as it came I snuffed it out. The Alpha is my only hope.

"No!" he came towards me to pull me into his arms." you are mine! As soon as I am able to claim you the better." He let me go to pace. "It's only because Bass is a strong beta. Comes from a strong bloodline. He has to stay.  Once he claims Jessica and I you. The bond between you would disappear. Just four months to go."

I don't know who he was convincing himself or me.

"Four months" I replied. "We can do this!" I encouraged.

Alexander gave me a sad smile as if he was scared to hope that there would be no hiccups along the way.

"I got to go and speak to Bass." He moved to the door.

"What are you going to do to him?" I asked. Hopefully he will kill him. I thought

"Just to let him know I don't share." He flexed his knuckles and left.

I opened back the door. Unsure of what I should do. My role in the last pack I was just a nurse. I didn't have any status of importance. I doubt people even knew my name.

I thought to attempt a second time of going back down the stairs.

This time my entrance was less grander. There was less people by the foyer. They were talking among themselves.

I decided to make my way to the kitchen. People I passed nodded their head at me in respect and mumbled. I smiled back but didn't stop to chat.

I made my way to a busy kitchen. I saw Nana Luna standing over the stove stirring a pot. There were other people in the kitchen making preparation for lunch.