Prologue

StarClan remained in a blissful state, peace flooding through it like a wildfire. All around, green leaves sparkled with wet dew, rivers flowed quietly, and grass gently swayed in the cool wind.
            Three cats stood perched at the top of a hill, glancing down below at the large flowing river. It had been moons since their arrivals to StarClan, though it wasn't as if they minded being here instead of their clan.
            The first cat standing on the grassy hill was a white she-cat, one that had been living in StarClan for many moons since her death. The second was one of her most faithful companions, a larger ginger tabby tom, who had only recently arrived in StarClan.
            And the last cat standing near them was a young light brown tabby kitten, who had been in StarClan too many moons to count.
            Slowly, they began their descent down the hill, a gust of wind blowing against them.
            "It's freezing," the white she-cat grumbled.
            "Now, now, Mossystar. It's not like you could control the weather," the tom warned.
            "I'd at least have liked some better notice beforehand, Salmonstar," she growled.
            "Keep your heads straight, both of you! We're here to discuss RiverClan business!" the young kit squeaked in fury.
            The three fell silent, continuing their walk to the river.
            Suddenly, the young kit's face turned into a smile. "I can hear the river!"
            "Yes. We're nearly there," the tom muttered, leading the group farther down towards the river. The wind settled down, and the river came into view.
            "It reminds me of the river back home," Mossystar purred at the sight of it.
            The small kit bounded after them, grinning. Now, they could hear the rushing of the river, and they sat down next to it on the warm grass.
            "Thank goodness. Some warmth!" Mossystar exclaimed, laying down.
            It was customary to discuss RiverClan business near the river in StarClan. All three cats had died in their clan of RiverClan, and now, they strayed near the river that flowed through StarClan, the landmark a constant reminder of their past life.
            "If not obvious already, we're here to discuss the prophecy," Salmonstar spoke, beginning their meeting.
            "Of course. RiverClan only deserves the best," Mossystar replied.
            "Indeed. Goldstar has done well with the clan. I was right to make her my deputy," Salmonstar began.
            "We're not here to talk about Goldstar!" the young kit hissed, her eyes gazing on the two old leaders of RiverClan. "We're here to talk about the prophecy, which just so happens to be vitally important to RiverClan!"
            "Of course, of course," Mossystar nodded, breaking away from all other thoughts. "Well, what do you think it means, then?"
            "The prophecy clearly mentions Goldstar and RiverClan, but I just can't seem to figure out the last parts," the small tabby mewed, sighing.
            Salmonstar pondered for a moment, then stared at the kit. "Perhaps it's about a chosen cat," he offered.
             Both the kit and Mossystar nodded in agreement, coming to the conclusion that it had to be that.
            "But how can we knnow which cat it is?" Salmonstar asked.
            "We'll figure it out," Mossystar reassured him. "Perhaps this cat has not even been born yet."
            "Mossystar proves a right point," the kit explained. "Obviously someone will help this cat, but I just don't get the last part!"
            "Could you repeat the prophecy again?" Salmonstar asked.
            The kit opened her mouth to speak when suddenly a gust of wind blew forward, and the river turned a bright shade of gold. Before any of them could ask why, orange flames burst from the water, rising high, heat blazing from it. Then, the flames quickly dived down, the gold color vanished, and another gust of wind blew the river back to its original state.
            "Flames will save the golden river, with the help of five cats, and the quest will begin," the kitten gasped.
            The prophecy rang through all of their eyes, and so did the cry of a newborn kitten in RiverClan.