Chapter 3

Piper

After Annebeth went off with Percy Jackson, we all were placed into different groups for the tour of camp. The girl named Hazel and the guy named Frank took Leo, the Stoll brothers, and Clarisse off on a tour of camp. And Reyna left to go do some Praetor business so I was stuck with Jason. He noticed that I was a little acting shy around all these Romans so he decided to take me on a tour of Camp himself. He showed me the cabin that all the campers of Camp Half-blood would go and we went to see the pavilion where we would all eat breakfast, lunch. and dinner. And then he took me to his favorite spot to sit and think. It wasn't much. Just a rickety old bench that you could sit to watch all the geese and ducks swim. I watched as Jason sat down and motioned for me to do the same. We sat in silence for a few minutes before I finally broke the silence.

"Jason, I need to talk to you about something,"I said.

"What would that be," He asked.

"I kind of noticed you talking to Reyna. She looked really mad after so I was wondering what you guys talked about," I said quickly.

Silence.

"You don't have to tell me if you don't want to," I told him.

Silence.

" I can tell that you don't want to talk about it so I'll just....stop bothering you," I said sadly.

I stood up and started walking away but Jason quickly grabbed my hand and turned me back around with an hurt expression on his face. I tried pulling my hand back but his grip was to strong.

"Jason, I promise I won't bother you about Reyna ever again. Just let go of my wrist," I said.

"No, I won't let go until you sit down and let me say what I have to say," He yelled.

"Fine,"I said while sitting back down. He let go of my wrist and started staring across the lake again. I scoot as far away from Jason as the bench would allow and waited for him to speak.

"I'm sorry I was being rude to you. I didn't mean to yell at you like that. Its just that I didn't want you to leave before I said what I have to say," He said softly with a sad expression on his face.

I want to hug him and tell him everything was alright. And I wanted to stroke his blond hair and kiss those full lips of his but I had to keep myself under control. So instead I gently reached over and stroked the back of his hand to get his attention. He looked up at me with a tortured expression that just made the feeling worse.

"I'm not mad at you," I whispered.

"You should be. A normal person would be," He said with a hint of smile," But I guess were not normal, are we."

"No, were definately not normal. What is it you want to tell me," I asked.

"You know that I have to choose between Reyna and you, right," He asked me kindly.

"Yes I do know that but I also already know what your going to say," I said.

"You do," He asked surprised.

"Your obviously in love with Reyna  and I understand that you've known her longer," I said.

"But—," He went to say.

"I know that you want to stay friends with me and I'm ok with that. I'll stop bothering you about it and I except your decision," I said slowly.

"What are you talking about. I choose you Piper. I want you to be my girlfriend," He said.

"What," I asked.

"I want you to be my girlfriend," He said again.

"But I thought that you liked her better than me," I said confused.

"No, I don't. I am in love with you. But I can't be with you unless you say yes," He said sweetly.

"Yes, I want to be your girlfriend," I said with a smile.

"Really," He asked.

"Yes," I said.

He leaned forward and was about to kiss me when a voice resounded from behind me. I jumped up off the bench and looked to the noise. Reyna was coming up to us and was staring at me with hatred. I am not going to fight with the Praetor because....I don't really know.I just don't want to fight right now. She came to a stop 2 feet in front of me while folding her arms across her chest.

"Why were you about to kiss my boyfriend?" She asked.

I looked around and then turned back to her," I don't see your boyfriend." I replied with a smirk.

She rolled her eyes at me," I know you and Jason were about to make out."

"Make out? No, not at all." I lied.

She turned to Jason and so did I,"Why were you about to kiss this girl."

"Because, she is my girlfriend now. I told you that we were breaking up last time we talked," He told her.

"And this girl can here you," I said.

"Stay out of this, stupid Venus girl." She growled

What diid she just call me?

"How dare you? NOBODY, I mean nobody, insults me or my mother. Lets get one thing straight here, Praetor.  Just because my mom is the goddess of love does not mean I am anything like my siblings. I don't care that much about hair and my face. I don't want to be noticed all the time. I'm only noticed because I look like my mom. So don't underestimate a daughter of Aphrodite. I am more than I appear. So remember that when you decide to pick a fight with me. Piper Mclean, daughter of Aphrodite, goddess of love." I said angrily.

"Your brave for a daughter of Venus," She said.

"Thank you," I said, drawing my knife," And if you want to keep your fingers I suggest you stay away from Jason. He's mine."

She gulped in fear and started walking away and turned it into a jog. I looked into my sword and smirked at my replection. I hate my eyes. Why can't they stay at one color. I sheathed my blade and turned to find Jason standing right in front of me, a hairsbreadth away.

"My girlfriend is fiesty." He said proudly.

"I don't like being treated that way about who my godly parent is," I stated.

"And you don't want anyone flirting with me," He said.

"Why would you think that?"

"Well, for one, you told Reyna that I'm yours." He answered.

"Did..Did I say that," I whispered.

"Mmm, yes, you did." He said, leaning in. He trailed his nose down my jaw, making me shiver involentarily.

"Sorry," I lied.

"I'm not," He whispered into my neck.

"Why," I asked.

"Because, you are mine." He answered, kissing the edge of my collar bone.

"I love the sound of that," I said.

"So do I, love," He said pulling back.

"Does this mean that you and I are dating?"

"Totally."

"We should probably get going to the Senate meeting," I said.

"Yep, we do." I answered.