Chapter 10

Chapter 10: Annabeth's POV

I did not see that coming. I didn't think that Percy would...propose to me in front of the others. Not something Percy would usually do. I guess he was desperate. I had said no though because I wasn't ready for that. But when I saw Percy's expression, I immediately regretted it.

"Annabeth, you are an idiot." Leo said. Smack!

"Thanks Piper." I said

"Why did you say no?" Piper questioned.

"I don't know." I told her truthfully.

"Do you love him?" Hazel asked.

"Yes." I answered.

"Do you want to be with him?" Piper asked.

"Yes."

"Then why did you say no?" Jason asked.

"I'm not ready." I replied.

"That's not a very good answer." She said.

The next day, Percy wasn't back yet. I didn't know where he went but I checked the cameras and it showed that Percy jumped into the water. Nice. Everbody tried to go about there normal business. Leo was captaining the ship, Frank was training with Jason in the practice room, Piper and Hazel were watching T.V with me. I was upset that Percy left without saying anything. I was watching Shake it Up when I heard the door to the play room open. We didn't bother to look because we knew it was one of the guys.

"Annabeth." The guy said. I turned around at the familiar voice and saw Percy standing there.

"Hey Percy." I said, smiling.

He didn't smile back. He just kept standing there. I could tell the others were watching him waiting for him yell, I guess. His face was hurt and amused by my reaction. His clothes weren't wet because of his powers but there were bags under his eyes. He obviously hadn't slept last night.

"Percy," I started. He held up his and I went silent.

"Its ok." He said, giving me a small smile. I could see in his eyes that it wasn't.

"I didn't mean to hurt you." I told him.

He leaned up against the back of the wall so he looked relaxed.

"You didn't do anything. I did." He said.

"I'm confused. How is this your fault." I asked. He stared at me like it was obvious.

"I was the one that asked. If I hadn't of done that, you wouln't of had to say no. So, its my fault." He answered.

"Could you guys give us a few minutes." I asked Piper and Hazel.

"Yeah, sure. Just call for us if you need us." Hazel replied. They left.

He was staring at me with amusement. Why is he amused.

"I noticed that you slept on the couch last night." He said.

"How did you..." I started.

"Know that?" He finished," I saw that the comforter was on the couch."

"Why did you leave?" I asked.

"Why did you say no?" He fired back.

"I don't know." I answered.

Silence.

"I do love you Percy," I said looking down at my hands.

"I love you to, Wise girl." He said.

"And I do want to be with you. Forever." I continued.

"You do?"He asked, sounding confused. I looked up and saw that his expression matched his tone.

"Yes. I was just scared yesterday." I told him.

He walked over to stand in front of me. I watched his face as it changed from confused to hopeful.

"What do you think you'd say...if I asked you now." He whispered.

"I think I'd say yes." I told him truthfully. He nodded before getting on one knee. He brought a black box that he opened to reveal a ring. It was golden with a clear diamnd in the center. I noticed that on the outside there was something engraved: My Wisegirl. It was beautiful.

"Annabeth Chase, I love you with all my heart so I have one thing to ask." He said.

"Will you marry me?" He asked.

"Yes," I whispered.

"Thats great." He said. He leaned forward and kissed me. When he pulled back, he slid the ring on my ring finger where it will stay forever more. He sat next to me and stare at the ring on my finger.

"You guys can come in." Percy yelled.

Piper and Hazel entered.

"So, what's up." Piper asked.

I showed them the ring in my finger and they started freaking out.They ran up checked the ring out from different views. I didn't care that they were acting crazy about this. As long as I have Percy, I am fantastic.