Chapter 12

Walking back into school, Jane was in a complete daze. Was everything that just happened back there real? She had dreamt of kissing him so many times before, but did it really just happen? Jane shook her head feeling like she had just landed on cloud nine and entered the school.

Thankfully, her second period teacher didn't care if she was late or not so Jane just marched happily in. She took her seat next to Betty Susan, her health buddy, and took out her pencil and textbook. Jane gave Betty a friendly wave before bringing her attention to her health teacher. The teacher boringly told them to turn to the page 250 in their books. 

Jane tried to tune in, but she just couldn't. Her mind was in a thousand other places and health class wasn't one of them. Through Mrs. Cape's whole mind-rotting, boring class, all Jane was thinking about was Robert, their kiss, his confession and the fact that he chose her over his longtime girlfriend girlfriend. All of this was amazing, but she really needed to focus. Jane was barely holding on to a B in this class. 

By the end of the class, Jane had managed 4 sentences and she didn't understand any of them. 

"Test on Friday, study your notes." Mrs. Cape shouted.

Oh great, I'll just study my four useless sentences, Jane thought. 

She packed her things and headed into the crowded hallway, her eye caught Maggie, pulling things out of her locker. Jane hurried through the crowd to get over to her. 

"Mornin' Maggie." Jane exclaimed, smiling brightly at her best friend.

Maggie gave Jane an relieved and overly friendly look. She had missed Jane.

"Mornin' Jane. How ya' been?" Maggie asked, closing her locker and holding her books close to her chest. 

"I can honestly say, today was one of the best mornings I done ever had." Jane sighed, her mind noting the lingering tingle that still rested on her lips. 

"Oh, you needa tell me everything, right now." Maggie stopped in front of Jane, looking at her expectantly.

Jane bit her lip and looked at the floor. As much as she loved Maggie, she couldn't exactly tell her she just kissed a white boy. 

"I don't kiss and tell." Jane joked, flicking Maggie playfully on the nose.

Maggie rolled her eyes, "This is me. Since when don't we kiss and tell each other? Whas been up with ya' lately?" 

Jane sighed, "Nothing, nothing at all. Why you say that?" 

Maggie shook her head, becoming more agitated and glared at Jane. "You know what Jane. Me and you been friends since forever and lately, you ain't been acting like it. I thought I was your best friend, but since you gone let some boy come between us, I guess I ain't." 

Jane's heart dropped. What was Maggie trying to say? That she didn't want to be friends with Jane anymore? Oh no, Jane wouldn't be able to function correctly without her Maggie.

"Maggie! What is you sayin'?" Jane cried.

Maggie avoided Jane's eyes, staring at the wall. "I don't know. I'll see ya' later." 

With that, Maggie promptly scurried away from Jane and walked quickly to her classroom.

Oh gosh, everything was slipping out of Janes hands. She couldn't stop it. Shaking her head, Jane headed in the direction of her next class. Latin. 

She slipped into her seat and tried to focus, but yet again her mind was everywhere but here. Her grades would surely slip if she kept up the behavior. When the bell rang, Jane had been absent-mindely twirling her hair, and gazing out the window. She yelped and hurried to put her things in her bag, but one notebook fell, then another, and then another. Oh great, Jane thought. By the time she'd finally gotten her things safely in her bag, her teachers next period was already piling into the room. 

Jane got up and jolted quickly out of the room. Once in the hallway, she found in almost empty. Spare a few students. One strikingly familar back of the head. Golden blonde hair, perfectly combed. Jane's heart raced. Was she just assuming? The boy stood at his locker, taking things out of it and stuffing things in. 

Whatever debating she was doing with herself would have to wait. She was surely going to be late to class. Jane hurried past the boy, making sure brush her shoulder on the boys back. She craned her neck around to see Robert's long arm reaching towards her, and his hand latching on to Jane's arm pulling her back to him. 

It was Robert! Jane was overcome with happiness and he took her into his arms. 

"Hey you." He said before bending down and placing a sly kiss on Jane's lips. 

Lord...have...mercy. Robert was perfect. Would she ever get used to kissing an angel? 

Red quickly filled Jane's cheeks as she smiled looking into his blue eyes.

"I missed you. But I've gotta go, I'm gone be late." Jane said quickly, placing a quick peck on his lips.

She looked around as a few other freshamans stared at Jane and Robert with their mouths wide open. Three of them were white, the other two were black.

"What are you looking at? Get to class!" Robert shouted at the kids, making them frantically evacuate.

Jane laughed and winked at Robert as she walked away. But something in the pit of her stomach made her heart ache. The way those kids were staring at them, like it was the most horrible, repulsive, and disownable thing they'd ever seen in their lives.

--------------------------------------------

Hi guuys! Sorry this chapter is lame but it's just building up for the next chapter. Umm, guys I cannot stress how important it is for you too vote and comment on my story, if you like it. Yeah anyways, thanks for reading! (: