Chapter sixteen

Hey everyone, sorry it took so long, way longer than I thought it would, to get this chapter out. I was originally going to have a different outcome, but I changed my mind halfway through and deleted everything, then started over.

Yeah, I know stupid right.

But whatever, I like this outcome more so then the one before. I just hope that the chapter came out good and doesn't sound over the top. Tell me if it is and I'll try to improve it.

Anyways, enjoy! :D

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zack's P. O. V

God what was wrong with me?

I leaned against the wall and shook my head at my earlier actions. I had no idea why I had done that. All I remember was getting mad when he pushed me away and then backing him up against the wall through my hazy vision full of rage.

Why was I mad? I had no clue, just knew that him telling me not to get close struck a nerve. I wanted to shout at him and ask him why I couldn't be near him.

But then all my anger had dissolved into nothing the moment his piercing blue eyes met mine and was replaced by this sudden urge to reach out and stroke his cheek softly with my knuckles as he stuttered and groped for a reply, his flushed cheeks turning an even darker shade of red.

I squeezed my eyes shut as thoughts of Kyle's face being so close to mine filled my mind. How the way his flushed face made his widen eyes appear more innocent as it sparkled with excitement and fear. How his breath fanned my face gently, chest brushing against mine every time he breathed and how suddenly my heart tightened with unfamiliar emotions.

I had found his reaction to me being so close endearing and was more than mildly annoyed when the sound of knocking interrupted us. I had watched him leave to go answer the door with a sense of emptiness as his warm aura disappeared from the room and my eyebrows scrunched together in confusion.

Was I starting to develop feelings for Kyle beyond that of friendship for Kyle? I questioned, the realization of this dawned on me and I froze as shock coursed through me from this unexpected discovery.

Was I becoming gay, the kind of person who I hate? Or, rather, hated. As in, pass tense. I no longer feel that way towards them, and it was all because of Kyle. God, what was he doing to me, flipping my whole world upside down? Everything I believed in no longer seemed to matter.

This can't be true. I can't be turning gay, I was straight. I like girls. Being with a man is wrong, it's not natural.

And yet, strangely enough, when I pictured myself with somebody, all I see is Kyle. And the worst part is that I didn't feel disgusted like I would have before. No, all I felt was this sense of belonging. Like me being with Kyle was right, as if fate had met for us to be together. And I don't even believe in all that destiny crap.

And that's what terrified me the most. I was afraid of these feelings for him that were starting to grow deep inside me. I didn't want them, and yet, I couldn't stop them from forming.

I heard the door slam shut loudly, disturbing my thoughts, and frowned. I walked over to where the front door was and saw Kyle leaning against the door, breathing heavily, practically hyperventilating, a panicked look on his face. Instantly concern flowed through me and I rushed over.

"Kyle, are you okay? What wrong?" I reached out and touched his arm tentatively as he mumbled to himself, staring out the peep hole.

He jumped and whipped around to face me, startled by my sudden appearance. Then he motioned for me to be quiet and hissed quietly, "There's a cop out there."