Chapter fourteen

Thank you to all my eager readers for waiting, it's finally here, the newest chapter. Sorry that it's a bit shorter than usual but the next chapter will be longer. 

Until then I hope you all will continue to wait patiently.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kyle's P. O. V

We walked up to the front door with exaggerated slowness, or maybe it seemed to take forever to get there. My heart was pounding in my chest; it was all I could hear as my eyes focused on the door handle.

I reached out and grasped the handle with a sweaty palm and turned it, letting the door creek open as I stood, frozen, in the entrance way, my ears alert to even the slightest hint that my father was home.

"Are you going to stand there forever or are you just waiting for your dad to show up before we can pack up all your things and leave?"

"Huh," I hadn't realized that I haven't moved for some time till he said something. "Oh, sorry."

I stepped into the house and looked around. It feels like it's been a long time since I've seen the place, let alone stepped foot in here. It made me feel sick.

"Okay, you know what to do right. We're only here to pack up your things and get out of here as fast as possible before your dad shows up."

"Yeah, I remember," I said absent minded and began to walk in the direction of my room, already going through what to take and what not to in my mind.

Zack followed after me closely, his eyes scanning around. "Not a bad place," he said.

"Yeah, I try my best to make this place at least look halfway decent. If not for me it would look like a pigsty."

We reached my room and I separated from Zack to start pilling up everything that I would need to take, from clothes to accessories, and so on. After a while Zack left the room to go get something to drink.

Zack's P. O. V

I walked out of Kyle's room, a bad feeling forming in the pit of my stomach. I couldn't shake the feeling that something bad was going to happen. I strolled over to the window next to the door and peeked out, my eyes searching for unwanted threats but sighed in relief when I saw none. Though I still had that bad feeling.

I turned around and stilled when my eyes fell upon Kyle's father coming in through the living rooms sliding glass door.

Oh shit, was my first thought.

Before I could react Kyle's dad was already rushing towards me. He grabbed the front of my shirt and brought my face up close to his.

"Why the hell are you in my house without my permission?" He spat, sneering nastily at me.

"Well, the funny thing is that I don't really need your permission if I say so myself." I shrugged nonchalantly, even though I was quaking in my boots.

Why the hell did he have to show up now, this sucks. The only thing to do now is make sure he doesn't find out why I'm here, and what for. I can't let him see Kyle either but I doubt I can stop that from happening.

"What did you just say, you damn brat!" He pulled back his fist but stopped when he heard a voice call out my name.

"Zack, can you help me with some of the bags," Kyle called out to me, his voice getting closer.

"No, Kyle, stay away!" I shouted but was too late; Kyle had already stepped into the living room with a packed bag in his hand.

"Why? What's wro-," He cut off when he saw who was standing there and froze, a shocked look